APIs & Integrations

JockSOTech
Participant

Stop form adding fieldsets

SOLVE

Hi,

One of our magento2 sites creates a form using HubSpot, we are adding it to the page via JavaScript, and using just the raw html which I have overridden within the site files.

We have recently added a french version of the site, which uses the same form layout, and as such a new form has been created, which should work in the same way. Instead for some reason HubSpot is wrapping some of the fields in a <fieldset> tag, which is then interfering with the styles that were applied to the first form that should just apply to these ones no problem.

I can't change css for one without changing the other, but I know that the form will work just fine if I can remove the fieldsets. Can anyone please advise on this?

Here is roughly what the html looks like for two sites:

English site (working fine)

<form>

<div class="hs_firstname hs-form-field" data-reactid=".hbspt-forms-0.1:$0">

<label />

<input />

</div>

</form>

French site (needs removal of fieldset)

<form>

<fieldset class="form-columns-1" data-reactid=".hbspt-forms-0.1:$0">

<div class="hs_firstname hs-form-field">

<label />

<input />

</div>

</fieldset>

</form>

Thanks in advance anyone that can help.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @JockSOTech,

Digging into this, I'm able to confirm that when a form have two columns, the fields will be wrapped in a fieldset. While I do noticed that the Warranty Form have two columns (date of install + last name and postcode + product 1) and fields aren't being wrapped in a fieldset. When I clone the form to hstest Form (clone) > Hit the published unpublished changes > I'm also seeing the fields being wrapped in a fieldset. Here's the testing page that has hstest Form (clone) on it: https://info.wendyggx.com/testpage1234

That said, if you'd like to change the fieldset of a particular form without changing the other form, you can target it like this:

form#hsForm_80ed21b3-d7c3-41eb-96b0-fd233be5db6f fieldset { } 

Using the form id. 

Do give it a try and let me know if this works for you.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @JockSOTech,

If both form have been set up the same way, I would expect it to be rendering the same as well. In this case, do you mind sharing with me:

1. Your magento2 sites

2. The first form and the french form name?

3. Your HubSpot portal ID

JockSOTech
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if the forms have been set up in the same way, as they were set up by our client; I'm the developer importing the form they've set up.

Here is the information you've asked for -

Magento2 Sites:

English site - https://www.collingwoodlighting.com/warranty-registration

French site - http://staging.collingwoodlighting.com/warranty-registration (you will likely need to toggle the flag on the top right of the page to the Frence flag to see the different form.

English Form Name - Warranty Form (3bab12ff-c47b-4014-8ebf-6ada21bc0fb6)

French Form Name - French Warranty Registration Form version 1.0 [French] (2d3217e8-54da-4b51-9144-9a1786cf965e)

HubSpot Portal ID - 4331855

Thanks for your help,

Jock

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @JockSOTech,

Digging into this, I'm able to confirm that when a form have two columns, the fields will be wrapped in a fieldset. While I do noticed that the Warranty Form have two columns (date of install + last name and postcode + product 1) and fields aren't being wrapped in a fieldset. When I clone the form to hstest Form (clone) > Hit the published unpublished changes > I'm also seeing the fields being wrapped in a fieldset. Here's the testing page that has hstest Form (clone) on it: https://info.wendyggx.com/testpage1234

That said, if you'd like to change the fieldset of a particular form without changing the other form, you can target it like this:

form#hsForm_80ed21b3-d7c3-41eb-96b0-fd233be5db6f fieldset { } 

Using the form id. 

Do give it a try and let me know if this works for you.

JockSOTech
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for your advice on this, I have got the form working as I need it to.

Best Regards,

Jock 

0 Upvotes