json={
“subscriptionDetails”: {
“subscriptionType”: “contact.creation”,
},
“enabled”: False
}

and generate the next error:

Sorry, you are not authorized to access this app

I searched this error and I found that was fixed. I don’t know what is my mistake.

0 Me gusta
5 Respuestas 5
Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Sorry, you are not authorized to access this app-create webhook

Hi @Lelia_Rubiano

This is usually just a mismatch between the hapikey you’re using and the app_id. You’ll need to make sure that the hapikey you’re using is the Developer HAPIkey from the same developer account that the app was created in. You won’t be able to use a different hapikey from a separate portal to access apps in that developer account.

0 Me gusta
nitingupta
Miembro

But if I can't bridge the two accounts, then how can I create a developer app that can connect to my main Hubspot account data - that's the whole point isn't it?

0 Me gusta
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Welcome, @nitingupta.

Webhook subscriptions are created for apps, not for individual HubSpot accounts. When you connect your app to an account through OAuth, then the subscriptions you set up for the app apply to that account.

Please let me know if I can clarify further.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Me gusta
nitingupta
Miembro

Sorry, I should have clarified - the context under which the question I had was related to the Timeline API - I have a normal HubSpot account where my sales data is. I have also created a developer account. In the dev account I created an app so that I could use the Timeline API. My plan was to create a simple Python application on my local machine that I could call the Timeline API to import data into various contact's timeline in my sales account. This is what I'm trying to accomplish.

0 Me gusta
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi, @nitingupta.

You can absolutely use the app created via your developer account to update timeline events in your production account via the Timeline API. Are you encountering issues?

Like with webhook subscriptions, you will still have to connect your app to your production account through OAuth before using the Timeline APi. The developer account the app is created in cannot and does not need to be associated with your production account.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Me gusta