APIs & Integrations

ieuanoh
Participant

Something's not right error - Form POST

Hello,

I’m getting an error when testing out your forms API post method. I’m trying to simply post the data from a form to a test form I’ve created in hubspot with the method outlined here:

However, I’m getting the following error:

Sorry. Something’s not right.

If you’re a visitor to this website:

"Sorry. That doesn’t seem right. Please try submitting this form again. If this problem continues, please reach out to the site owner.

If you’re the owner of this website:

There was a problem with a form submission on your site.

Forms might not be working properly on your site because your HubSpot account (23,204,371) doesn’t seem to have access to HubSpot Forms. Please contact support to learn more."

What am I doing wrong?

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@Ieuan_Williams What subscription of HubSpot do you have? Do you have Marketing Basic/Pro/Enterprise? What was the error returned in the console for the bad call?

0 Upvotes
ieuanoh
Participant

Hey, we have a marketing enterprise account I believe - the response was 402 (Payment Required).

0 Upvotes
3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@Ieuan_Williams Can you show me your code for making the call and the full error returned?

0 Upvotes
ieuanoh
Participant

Sure, I’m just testing it out but here’s the code:

<form action="https://forms.hubspot.com/uploads/form/v2/23204371/397877c0-5f83-4cab-8dba-210666b0deed/" method="POST">
  First name: <input type="text" name="fname"><br>
  Last name: <input type="text" name="lname"><br>
  Email: <input type="text" name="email"><br>
  <input type="submit" value="Submit">
</form>

Here’s the error:

0 Upvotes
3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@Ieuan_Williams The post to our Forms API must be done server-side and not client-side. I would start there by moving where you are making the POST call from.

0 Upvotes