APIs & Integrations

digows
Participant

Some limitations we are facing. Is there any way to get around these issues?

Hi!

We are preparing a new integration with Hubspot and we found some limitations. I'd to like to know if Is there any way to get around these issues?

1. The webhook's payload doesn't contain any information about the user/owner who made the action;
  2. I need to track any update that can occur involving Deal, Contact, Company. Is there a way to avoid creating one webhook for each field?
  3. The webhooks are managed globally independent of extension installation, right? So how to avoid unwanted webhook requests considering that some customer could be facing payment problems or the app will be disabled for some time? I just want to avoid Hubspot to generate a lot of request during an import and we receive this unnecessary processing.
  4. To avoid API usage, it would be very smart if the webhook's payload could contain the object metadata involved. I'm always needing to make between one or three requests to build the object metadata. This is the kind of design that affects performance and all cost $ involved.

I've researched a lot and didn't find a way to solve these problems. Any tip will be very nice to hear.

The best,

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Some limitations we are facing. Is there any way to get around these issues?

Hey @digows ,

Really great points here. The short answer is that there aren't currently any configuration options that allow you to get around these concerns. The webhook payload content isn't configurable, and you're correct that subscriptions are app-wide, not install-specific.

The only optomization I can mention off the top of my head is that if you're accepting the webhooks, and then making a GET with the object's ID to get the metadata, you could queue those requests up and use the bulk GET endpoints instead.

We've heard similar feedback before, and the team is definitely interested in working to improve HubSpot webhooks. Please don't hesitate to post this on the HubSpot Ideas Forum as well; that forum is the best place to aggregate feedback from larger numbers of customers/partners/developers/etc.

0 Upvotes