APIs & Integrations

furick1

Social integration with app sign up form from hubspot

Hi. I am looking for some advice on how to faciliate sign up for our app using a users social login (Google and Facebook) through our hubspot marketing site.  I have a trial sign up form on a hubspot managed .com site and a web platform with microservices that help power our web and mobile apps. One of those secure web service functions receives a webhook call from a hubspot signup form to create a user in our web app. The web platform backend emails the user their temp password to login.

We would like to allow users to Sign Up for our app using social (Google and Facebook). Can we allow the user to fill out the sign up form in Hubspot using their gmail or fbook account? I don't think we can rely on the webhook to pass on that integrated data as it is today becasue we plan to add social login to our web app so we need a true oauth with our web platform (IDP is AWS cognito).  Is there a more standard approach where a social "sign up" icon or link being clicked on the hubspot form would redirect the user to a sign up form being served direct from the web app and not try and intermediate thru hubspot?  We would prefer the flexibility of being able to embed this trial sign up form with social integration in multiple areas on our hubspot site but don't want to overburden the tech implementation unecessarily if the best/standard approach is to kick it to the app. 

If anyone has any advice on the best way to approach with Hubspot or advise to not try based on what is available, that would be appreciated.  I have done some searching but most info points to connecting your social page to hubspot and not as a pass thru of some sort. I also scanned the app marketplace and didn't find anything that jumped out as relevant when searching for google, faecbook, auth, oauth. Thanks for reading.

3 Replies 3
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @furick1,

Thanks for sharing such a detailed use case. 

Currently, HubSpot form doesn't support sign up via social app. That said, I located this HubSpot idea thread,  I'd recommend jumping over to the thread and post your use case and give it a upvote. This is so that it's visible to the HubSpot product team and other HubSpot customers and developers. Hopefully this will gather more interest.

JHong7
Participant

How is it possible that you still don't have social logins? It's like #1 way of user registrations. I'm so shocked. I see multiple threads and votes for this idea going back 4-5 years....It's 2022 - time to implement social login tracking. What's the point of a CRM that costs thousands of dollars a month if you can't track user registrations? I'm so confused by the lack of prioritization for this. 

0 Upvotes
furick1

Thanks for the response Wendy. We will work around it UX wise but the lack obvioulsy limits the flexibility of seamless social signup for a SaaS mobile or web app downstream in the typical click flow from a hubspot marketing website. Providing the proposed ability would help conversion within a hubspot facilitated campaign.

0 Upvotes