APIs & Integrations

todderoni
Participant

Social Media API Get Channel Error

SOLVE

A request for channel information results with the error: "This endpoint does not accept EXTERNAL hapikeys, and has no special allowances for this hapikey (my-hapi-key-here). hapikey auth configuration for this endpoint: HapikeyAuthenticator{allows=INTERNAL}"

Per documentation, the URL I have requested is: https://api.hubapi.com/broadcast/v1/channels/my-channel_guid-here?hapikey=my-hapi-key-here

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @todderoni.

Sincere apologies for the delayed response. I appreciate your patience while I've been working with internal teams.

As it turns out, the Get channel endpoint was never meant to be documented publicly. Here is the word from one of our product team members: "While we have this endpoint documented, its never been actually functional to external integrators." As such, we've decided to unpublish the article documenting that endpoint.

The team is working to create a new generation of social broadcasting endpoints. When they are ready, we will publish an update to the API Changelog.

In the meantime, we recommend using the Get Publishing Channels endpoint to view data on specific channels (the same data is available). When identifying a channel, use the channelKey parameter going forward. This parameter maps to the social page/user in a durable way and should be used over channelGuid, including in requests to create, schedule, and publish broadcasts.

Sorry for the inconvenience and confusion!

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @todderoni.

Apologies for the delayed response.

I've been able to replicate this behavior in my own account. You should be able to use your API key for this endpoint, as you can with the Get publishing channels endpoint.

I'll bring this to the team and report back once it's resolved. Thanks for your patience!

Isaac Takushi

todderoni
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you, Isaac – your team's attention to this issue is much appreciated!

IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @todderoni.

Sincere apologies for the delayed response. I appreciate your patience while I've been working with internal teams.

As it turns out, the Get channel endpoint was never meant to be documented publicly. Here is the word from one of our product team members: "While we have this endpoint documented, its never been actually functional to external integrators." As such, we've decided to unpublish the article documenting that endpoint.

The team is working to create a new generation of social broadcasting endpoints. When they are ready, we will publish an update to the API Changelog.

In the meantime, we recommend using the Get Publishing Channels endpoint to view data on specific channels (the same data is available). When identifying a channel, use the channelKey parameter going forward. This parameter maps to the social page/user in a durable way and should be used over channelGuid, including in requests to create, schedule, and publish broadcasts.

Sorry for the inconvenience and confusion!

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes