APIs & Integrations

ANaik0

Smart rules Content API

SOLVE

Hi Team 

Is there a way to get smart rule content over the API? My idea is to get content variation based on smart rule for Emails

Thanks

Aditya

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
himanshurauthan
Solution
Thought Leader | Elite Partner

Smart rules Content API

SOLVE

Hello @ANaik0 

you can use the HubSpot Content API to retrieve the content variations that are associated with a smart rule. Here's how you can do it: Authenticate your API request using OAuth 2.0. You can find more information on how to authenticate your request in the HubSpot developer documentation. Once you have authenticated your request, you can use the following API endpoint to retrieve the content variations associated with a smart rule:

GET https://api.hubapi.com/content/api/v2/variations/smartrule/:smartruleId

Replace :smartruleId with the ID of the smart rule you want to retrieve content variations for.

This API endpoint will return a JSON object that contains information about the content variations associated with the smart rule. The JSON object will include the ID of each content variation, as well as any other metadata associated with the variation.

You can use this information to retrieve the content of each variation using the HubSpot Content API.

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
himanshurauthan
Solution

Smart rules Content API

SOLVE

Hello @ANaik0 

you can use the HubSpot Content API to retrieve the content variations that are associated with a smart rule. Here's how you can do it: Authenticate your API request using OAuth 2.0. You can find more information on how to authenticate your request in the HubSpot developer documentation. Once you have authenticated your request, you can use the following API endpoint to retrieve the content variations associated with a smart rule:

GET https://api.hubapi.com/content/api/v2/variations/smartrule/:smartruleId

Replace :smartruleId with the ID of the smart rule you want to retrieve content variations for.

This API endpoint will return a JSON object that contains information about the content variations associated with the smart rule. The JSON object will include the ID of each content variation, as well as any other metadata associated with the variation.

You can use this information to retrieve the content of each variation using the HubSpot Content API.

0 Upvotes
ANaik0

Smart rules Content API

SOLVE

Hi Himanshurautan

Thank you so much for all the info. How do i get smartrule id? can you point me to the documentation? Is there a POST API to update or create new Variation too?

Thanks in advance

Aditya

0 Upvotes
himanshurauthan

Smart rules Content API

SOLVE

POST https://api.hubapi.com/content/api/v2/variations/:contentId

Replace contentId with the ID of the content asset for which you want to update or create variations.

In the request body, you will need to include an array of variation objects, each representing a content variation. Each variation object should include the variation's ID (if it already exists), name, content, and any other metadata associated with the variation.

If a variation with the specified ID already exists, the API will update the existing variation with the provided information. If the ID is not provided, the API will create a new variation.

You will need to authenticate your API request using OAuth 2.0 before making the POST request. More information on how to authenticate your request can be found in the HubSpot developer documentation.

0 Upvotes
KospeKaspa
Participant

Smart rules Content API

SOLVE

That does seems to work anymore.

0 Upvotes
ANaik0

Smart rules Content API

SOLVE

Hi @himanshurauthan 

I tried both the APIs and it return me below error

<header>
<h4>That page is nowhere to be found</h4>
</header>

Aditya
0 Upvotes
KospeKaspa
Participant

Smart rules Content API

SOLVE

I get the same error. The API does not exist anymore?

0 Upvotes