APIs & Integrations

pschuppe
Participant

Skilljar integration with Hubspot

SOLVE

We are trying to connect Skilljar to our Hubspot CRM through the integration, but on testing, we can’t get it setup to track correctly. I have followed these articles, and can’t figure out where we went wrong, or how to fix it;

https://support.skilljar.com/hc/en-us/articles/206086056-Sending-Data-to-HubSpot
https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/reports/how-do-i-create-events-in-hubspot

I have setup custom events to trigger for registration and completion of courses through Skilljar. Registration works OK, but Completion events are triggering automatically on registration, and then firing again on course completion, thus duplicating results.

I have been through it extensively with Skilljar devs, and they say the javascript is firing correctly on their end, so it’s most likely something on the Hubspot end. Is there someone who might be able to figure out where we went wrong, and how to fix it?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

For posterity, @pschuppe and I have corresponded directly.

We believe these issues are due to nested event JavaScript snippets.

Per this article, JavScript placed in the Custom JavaScript field of a custom [Enterprise] JavaScript event will fire with the HubSpot tracking code.

Thus, if you're already firing the event with the Events JavaScript API, your event may fire twice unless you've included extra logic in the Custom JavaScript field. See the screenshot below for reference.

Nested Event Snippet.jpg

I will mark this as the solution for now, however if Peter and I find a different cause, I will update accordingly.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @pschuppe.

Apologies for the delayed response. I'm happy to help, however I'll be flying blind without visibility into the Theming tab in your Skilljar instance.

Can you forward me any correspondence you have had with the Skilljar team? I'll direct message you my email address.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
pschuppe
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Isaac. I have emailed you on 27/05/2019, and again on 17/06/2019. Can you confirm Mmy emails are coming through?

Cheers,

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @pschuppe.

I am so sorry! I just found your messages Smiley Sad

I will take a closer look tomorrow. Thank you for reaching out!

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @pschuppe.

Apologies again for the delayed response.

I've reviewed the email chain with Skilljar; thank you for sharing it!

Could you could provide links to a few contacts showing multiple event triggers at the same time? I'd like to dig in a bit further! Feel free to send them to the email thread we have.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

For posterity, @pschuppe and I have corresponded directly.

We believe these issues are due to nested event JavaScript snippets.

Per this article, JavScript placed in the Custom JavaScript field of a custom [Enterprise] JavaScript event will fire with the HubSpot tracking code.

Thus, if you're already firing the event with the Events JavaScript API, your event may fire twice unless you've included extra logic in the Custom JavaScript field. See the screenshot below for reference.

Nested Event Snippet.jpg

I will mark this as the solution for now, however if Peter and I find a different cause, I will update accordingly.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes