APIs & Integrations

cjisndenial
Participant

SingleEmail API w/ Secondary Email

We are evaluating a move to the SingleEmail API for sending bespoke transactional emails to users.

Does anyone know the behavior if an existing Secondary Email address is specified as the recipient?

We want to avoid creating duplicate contacts in HubSpot CMS, but we have valid reasons for sending transactional emails to secondary addresses at times.

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
cjisndenial
Participant

@Willson & @Mike_Eastwood , my hubspot account contacts suggested tagging you into this thread in hopes you could help us find the answer?

0 Upvotes
Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @cjisndenial 

@Mike_Eastwood is correct! When using this API, you code in the recipient via the message parameter which is included in the request body JSON. It looks something like this: 

"message": {
        "to": "example@hubspot.com",
        "from": "Sender Name <sender@hubspot.com>",
        "cc": ["example1@hubspot.com"],
        "bcc": ["examplebcc@hubspot.com"]
    }

This allows you to choose the recipient address. 

I hope this helps!

Product Manager @ HubSpot
0 Upvotes
cjisndenial
Participant

Thanks for the responses guys.  The documentation is pretty clear how to address a message.  What's not clear is if a duplicate contact will be created in CRM when a transactional email is sent To: an address that is already a secondary email on an existing contact in CRM.

Sadly we can't just "turn on" transasctional email to find out.  You have to add it to your account to the tune of $1k/mo.

0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

Sorry @cjisndenial I haven't had any experience with the Transactional Emails API.

As far as I know you can retreive all email addresses from the Contacts API.

I assume you'd have to decide which email address in your code.

Good luck

Mike

0 Upvotes