APIs & Integrations

markw_argo
メンバー

Single Send API

Hi all, 

Just a question before purchase, we were wanting to use the Single Send API to send transactional emails (job completed) on Deals. Eg. After we close a deal and compelte the job we're using the API to trigger a status update a hopefully an email send. 

However I can't see in the documentation that you can attach the email to a Deal record, contact for sure but not Deal. Anybody done something like this?

0 いいね!
5件の返信
Mike_Eastwood
キーアドバイザー | Gold Partner
キーアドバイザー | Gold Partner

Single Send API

Hi @markw_argo 

If you send an email to a Contact – that's associated with a Deal – then the email will appear in the timeline... but I suspect that's not quite what you are looking for.

If you're using an API you could send the email from your server, BCC HubSpot (so it's attached to the Contact) and update a Custom Property in the Deal to record any information you want saved.

Would that achieve your goal?

Mike

0 いいね!
markw_argo
メンバー

Single Send API

like all things, yes..... and no... 

so let me just recap so we're on the same page... 

- contact is associated with deal

- you send emails to contacts, not deal/contact

so if you send an email to a contact, and they have multiple deals? 

We're a translation agency, a single contact could have any number of deals (projects) with a year. The emails we want to send are for project completion (eg. deal is done, here's your work, you owe us money), and (how did we do?) I guess what I'm saying is that we don't want all these project/deal based emails for a contact to show across the spread of projects they do with us. does that make sense?

0 いいね!
jackcoldrick
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Single Send API

Hi @markw_argo,

If you are using our Single Send API to send an email to a contact in HubSpot the activity/log of the email being sent will only appear on the contact record. So if a contact is associated to X deals it is not going to appear ont he timeline of those deals.

I'm not sure if that is exactly what you are looking for but from an API perspective I just wanted to let you know what to expect.  This is what you would see on the contact timeline. However the same event will not be surfaced on any of the associated deals.

email-on-contact.png

Regards,

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Solutions Engineer @ HubSpot
Add me on LinkedIn
markw_argo
メンバー

Single Send API

Hey thanks for getting back to me. 

No its not what I was hoping for, is there a place where I could lodge a feature request? I suppose this would also be useful for Tickets as well. 

For the timebeing we'll use the Timeline API to track some of the information. 

0 いいね!
Mike_Eastwood
キーアドバイザー | Gold Partner
キーアドバイザー | Gold Partner

Single Send API

Hi @markw_argo 

Would quotes help you: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/deals/use-quotes

If you're using Marketing Pro you can run some automations but you'd need Sales Pro to run Automations based on Deals,

Sounds like you may need a custom solution.

Happy to discuss.

Mike

0 いいね!