APIs & Integrations

SpotOnSean

Single Send API Test parameter

SOLVE

Hello, after working with your support team for the last week, it has become apparent that HubSpot does not offer a sandbox environment for testing the Transactional Email add-on.

I initially reached out attempting to have the Email portal available to our development account along with the Single Send API enabled, so we could send test emails within our QA application and not pollute our production application's metrics. Support suggested we use the production account for testing, which leads me to this proposal.

Would it be possible to have the Single Send API accept a flag (true/false) to mark it as a "demo" email? The idea being that, if an email is sent with this flag set to true, then it would not be included in metrics and statistics for emails sent. This would solve my problem of needing two accounts enabled with Email portal and Single Send API.

Let me know if this is reasonable or if there is another way I'm clearly missing. I appreciate any feedback, thanks!

Sean

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @SpotOnSean.

Are you asking whether you can use your developer test account to trial our transactional email tools and APIs?

If so, this is certainly possible, but I'll need to loop in our email deliverability team. Can you confirm the Hub ID of the test account you would send from?

Could you provide the support ticket number as well so I can close the loop?

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
crispy1260
Participant

SOLVE

Hey Sean,

I'm not from HubSpot but thank you for posting this. I was struggling with the API in a sandbox account thinking it was me who was screwing it up. I appreciate knowing it's not me but the sandbox that doesn't work for the transactional-email add on.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @SpotOnSean.

Are you asking whether you can use your developer test account to trial our transactional email tools and APIs?

If so, this is certainly possible, but I'll need to loop in our email deliverability team. Can you confirm the Hub ID of the test account you would send from?

Could you provide the support ticket number as well so I can close the loop?

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes