APIs & Integrations

Katherine_Walla

Silent Failures on contact batch update

I am using http://api.hubapi.com/contacts/v1/contact/batch to update contact properties for multiple contacts at once. We have noticed recently a large uptick in the number of updates which fail to process. This used to happen only when there was already a contact with the same email address in the app, but now it is happening regularly for no ascertainable reason. This causes a lot of problems for us, because we think our systems are in sync with hubspot, but actually hubspot sometimes has stale email addresses for our contacts.

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
cwseric
Member | Partner
Member | Partner

@dadams I am having the exact same problem. I know for sure that I’m not getting any contacts imported into the system when I try this method.

I have imported each user individually through the API and didn’t have any errors with them. Only the bulk import is failing.

Thanks

Eric.

Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@Katherine_Wallace I need a few more details for this, I’ll reach out to you directly.

0 Upvotes
Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Katherine_Wallace

Are entire batches failing, or just individual contacts in a batch? Are you getting any error responses when you’re seeing the updates fail?

0 Upvotes
Katherine_Walla

We definitely are not getting back error responses. I’m not sure if it’s entire batches failing or just individual contacts, because we only find out we have a discrepancy with hubspot when it causes an error in our system by mismatched emails.

0 Upvotes
Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Can you message me directly with an example of the POST data you’re using for an update and a contact record that wasn’t updated that should have been?

0 Upvotes