APIs & Integrations

CSchroeder
Participant

Shopify sync country codes

SOLVE

Hi everybody!

I am trying to connect Shopify to my HubSpot account. I'm using this plugin for this: https://app-eu1.hubspot.com/ecosystem/25040002/marketplace/apps/marketing/ecommerce/shopify.

In order to make my HubSpot work with other services, I set up the country data field as enum of country codes (ISO standard). Unfortunately, I only receive country names from Shopify via the plugin. I know that Shopify is also storing the country information as country code, but I can't change the data type in the plugin settings.

Do you have any idea on how to solve this issue, so that Shopify sends the country information as country codes to my HubSpot?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
John
Solution
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Unfortunately it has to do with the app (HubSpot is the app author btw cough cough). Shopify has these country codes in their api, but I guess HubSpot built the app to transfer over different data? You'll most likely have to use an external service like Zapier or PieSync to convert the converted data to the original data. Bass Ackwards. I know.

Or you could build your own custom solution.

I feel your pain either way. If anyone else knows of an easier workaround, then you definitely owe them a beer. Cheers!

I like kudos almost as much as cake – a close second.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
abhiladdha07

SOLVE

Hi @CSchroeder,

You can simply try miniOrange's Syncito - Data Sync app. You can find more details here.

You can contact the miniOrange team directly as well at hubapps@xecurify.com with your complete requirements and they can help you out quickly with everything you need here.

Best,

Abhishek

John
Solution

SOLVE

Unfortunately it has to do with the app (HubSpot is the app author btw cough cough). Shopify has these country codes in their api, but I guess HubSpot built the app to transfer over different data? You'll most likely have to use an external service like Zapier or PieSync to convert the converted data to the original data. Bass Ackwards. I know.

Or you could build your own custom solution.

I feel your pain either way. If anyone else knows of an easier workaround, then you definitely owe them a beer. Cheers!

I like kudos almost as much as cake – a close second.

CSchroeder
Participant

SOLVE

Ugh I see, thanks for your answer anyways! I'll try and checkout Zapier and PieSync👍

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@John is the resident shopify expert.  How about we ask him 😉