APIs & Integrations

james_
Participant

Shopify Draft Orders -> Hubspot Deals

We are looking to see if it is possible to have new Shopify Draft Orders create a new Deal in Hubspot. The standard Shopify/Hubspot integration doesn't seem to do the job, and I've looked into using Zapier to accomplish the task, however Zapier does not have any triggers involving Draft Orders.

I'd appreciate any feedback in helping accomplish this task.

13 Replies 13
jarrodb291
Participant

We have the exact same problem, why can't the HubSpot app just sync draft orders also?  This is the very definition of an early deal stage.  So incredibly frustrating that all these apps do 80% of the job, then in order to get it to work as you would expect there is the need for yetr another paid app.

0 Upvotes
carawood

Hi James!

I've got just the thing for you. My company created Mesa to solve this. Just install the Shopify app and open the template.

I'm including a screenshot so you can see how easy it is to get this particular integration up and running. You just click the template and you're pretty much done.

image (4).png

As Hubspot users ourselves who build for Shopify, we noticed that a few things were missing from the native integration so we built out the the abilities in our integrator.

james_
Participant

Thanks @carawood. I took a look and seems like it would do what we want, however I'm currently under direction to decrease our app/software spend, so $19/mo is more than we would like to spend for this one thing.

I do know that when customers click the "complete your purchase" link in the draft order that Hubspot does create a deal, so I would also be concerned about duplicated deals with this app. Would this be the case? Do you have a more affordable app/solution to automatically create deals for every draft order created in Shopify (without duplciating any deals where the visitor also clicks "complete my purchase")?

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
carawood

Hi @james_ ! 

Thanks for elaborating.

1. Unfortunately we do not have any other tools that could accomplish your required automation.  If we ever add one in I will let you know though.
  2. You are correct in noticing that this automation would duplicate the Deal if Hubspot is already creating a deal for draft orders that are paid.  Mesa could potentially prevent this duplication, but this prevention would require some additional configuration.  Our out-of-the-box Hubspot automation do not yet have this ability.  Our support team, and engineering team could work with you to build out said solution though. 
Hopefully you can find something that fits your budget and solves your problem, though. 
0 Upvotes
naughtyfraggle

This is exactly what I'm trying to do as well. I've installed the app and am just setting it up so fingers crossed it works! 

carawood

We have a template for it, so it should be easy. If you need any extra help, shout out Matt on live chat. He's super awesome at getting Mesa up and running.

0 Upvotes
dkurt3
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

Hi James,

I hope you're well. We're beginning development on a new product that will enable what you're after plus more. The idea is that a rep can turn a Deal into a Shopify Draft Order without leaving HubSpot. When the draft order turns into a real order, the initial Deal converts to Closed Won. You can check out more details here: https://www.unific.com/hubspot/shopify-draft-order

Please let me know if you're still looking for a solution. I would love to learn more about  what you're trying to solve for and get your input on how we can best help you solve it! 

Dan

0 Upvotes
stellaheesom
Participant

Hello

Has this development been completed?

0 Upvotes
james_
Participant

@dkurt3 I just signed up for Beta a few moments ago. Shoot me an email when you can discuss.

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @james_,

I hope all is well with you 🙂

While draft orders will only becomes a deal in HubSpot when it's an order in Shopify, your team can explore into the option of using the Ecommerce bridge APIs to sync this data over to HubSpot Ecommerce Bridge Overview; where you can send ecommerce sync message to create/modify ecommerce objects such as deals and contact.

Hope this helps to clarify!

0 Upvotes
stellaheesom
Participant

This has been sunsetted.  Probably good idea to remove your post 😉

0 Upvotes
str8sports
Participant

If there was a way to merge two deals together this would help in this area.  We currently create a potential deal in our sales pipeline to keep track of the potential deal with the customer.  There anotes taken. files associated with the potential deal and customer.  Those things need to stay with the deal and customer for future reference.  If we delete the original deal in hubspot and keep the new order from spopify we lose all of the data that is associated with the original potential deal.

WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @str8sports,

In this case, I do have another suggestion and that is to use the deal based workflows to copy a deal record property to another. E.g. copying over the new order from Shopify to the potential deal records. 

Moving forward, I can honestly see a use case for this request and if you haven't already, I'd recommend jumping over to this similar idea posted on our HubSpot idea page and give it an upvote with comment. Hopefully this will gather more interest.