APIs & Integrations

KyleCombs
Participant

Setting up an external inbound contact form submission

SOLVE

We are trying to set up an external inbound contact form on a 3rd party site.  Essentially a request for information from outside of our site.  I need to set up the endpoint for the 3rd party to submit the user's contact information to the Hubspot API creating a Contact in our system when the user submits the form on the 3rd party site.  They are going to need some kind of API key to hit the endpoint obviously, but since I can only create one API key for my account, the idea of just giving access to that outside of our enterprise doesn't seem like a great idea.  Are Private Apps what I should be looking at for this kind of access/integration or am I missing a better way to go about it?  I really just want them to have access to submit the form data to us creating a Contact for us, but even with the Private Apps, it looks like I would have to give them access to Create, Delete or Make Changes to any contacts.  Any direction here would be greatly appreciated.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Mike_Eastwood
Solution
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KyleCombs 

Would it be possible to embed your HubSpot form in their site? It would save you a lot of hassle.

Private Apps are great, and would be a good fit. But, there's a bit of development required to hook everything up. And, unless you have HubSpopt CMS Enterprise you will need a server in betweent to process the data.

It's worth investigating the Submit Form functionality in the HubSpot API... could save you lots of time and money.

Have fun

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Mike_Eastwood
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @KyleCombs 

Would it be possible to embed your HubSpot form in their site? It would save you a lot of hassle.

Private Apps are great, and would be a good fit. But, there's a bit of development required to hook everything up. And, unless you have HubSpopt CMS Enterprise you will need a server in betweent to process the data.

It's worth investigating the Submit Form functionality in the HubSpot API... could save you lots of time and money.

Have fun

Mike

0 Upvotes