APIs & Integrations

fgiraldi
Participant

Setting queue in Engagements API

SOLVE

We have been working with Hubspot for almost 2 years, consuming its APIs from our source code and integrating it with Zapier.

We made our way into automatically create an Engagement through Zapier, but some doubts have raised:

1. When we create an engagement as a CALL type, it looks like we can't set a due date (it is not part of the metadata in the API doc example) and Zapier doesn't allow us to set it. However, if we tell Zapier to create a TO-DO engagement, then due date is asked. Can we create a CALL and pass the desired due date for it, even if we have to manually set up a manual request to the endpoint? By manually creating it on Hubspot UI I can set all these fields. Is the endpoint restricted somehow?
  2. When creating an Engagement on Hubspot, I can set what queue to send it to, but it doesn't appear to be as part of the endpoint info to be passed, either as a specific field or metadata (from what I can tell by reading the documentation). Is there a way for us to create an Engagement through the API and specify the queue we want to put it in?
1 Accepted solution
acurtwright
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

I can definitely see the use case for this. However, it's currently only possible to set task queues in-app. Our product team is looking into updating our API endpoints to make this possible using the Engagements API, but I don't have an exact timeline. The best way to ensure you're notified of any updates related to this functionality would be to create a post on the Ideas Forum.  Feel free to mark this as resolved once you feel your question has been fully addressed. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
acurtwright
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey there, 

I'm not sure if these asks are possible, but I'm investigating now!

0 Upvotes
fgiraldi
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for taking your time Alex!

As a matter of fact, my first question was answered through a live chat with one of the tech support girls, so it is oslved now. Should I update the ticket?

But the second one remains, we'd want to know if it is possible to set a queue when creating a task on an API request.

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
acurtwright
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

I can definitely see the use case for this. However, it's currently only possible to set task queues in-app. Our product team is looking into updating our API endpoints to make this possible using the Engagements API, but I don't have an exact timeline. The best way to ensure you're notified of any updates related to this functionality would be to create a post on the Ideas Forum.  Feel free to mark this as resolved once you feel your question has been fully addressed. 

GnHAutomation
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hello @acurtwright,

Any update on this endpoint?

0 Upvotes
coreyjansen
Participant

SOLVE

Is there any update on this

0 Upvotes
fgiraldi
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for your reply!!! We are trying to make our way by using some other strategies, but we'd like to see this as an available option in the future.

Thanks.

0 Upvotes