APIs & Integrations

DavidChouinard

Setting ipAddress field client-side for submit_form_v3 endpoint

SOLVE

I have a custom form on my landing page and am using the submit_form_v3 endpoint to integrate my form. The form is submitted client-side using cross-origin AJAX/CORS.

How can I set the ipAddress field? I can't get the user's IP address from Javascript/on the client side. The Hubspot endpoint has the information and should be able to populate it, can I tell Hubspot to populate it from their server logs?

(same for the cookie field: Hubspot should have that information directly, though thankfully in that case I can access it in Javascript).

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @DavidChouinard.

No, it's not possible to instruct HubSpot to automatically populate these fields.

Other users seem to have been able to populate the ipAddress parameter client-side, however. Check out the resources I've linked in this related thread.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @DavidChouinard.

No, it's not possible to instruct HubSpot to automatically populate these fields.

Other users seem to have been able to populate the ipAddress parameter client-side, however. Check out the resources I've linked in this related thread.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
DavidChouinard

SOLVE

Ah, that's frustrating. I want to avoid making an additional HTTP call, seems like this should be an easy thing for Hubspot to fix. Appreciate your help.

IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey, @DavidChouinard.

I understand the frustration and will share this feedback internally.

Isaac Takushi

DavidChouinard

SOLVE

Appreciate it, thank you.

0 Upvotes