1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Set avatar (photo) of contact

SOLVE

Hi @p.broeckers,

While avatars still cannot be set or updated through the Contacts API, HubSpot still tries to fill a contact's profile picture from its proprietary database and via social media and other sites. Gravatars, for example, are often picked up. See this article for more information.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14
Dbuchman
Participant

SOLVE

I've been searching for a solution to this and found the idea in the HS community "ideas" so if anyone wants to go upvote for it there, I'd appreciate it - this really should be a feature and clearly there are a lot of us who need it! We can bulk upload other things for contacts, why not photos as well?

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Mass-import-contact-photo/idc-p/950671#M174673

0 Upvotes
clintbieri
Participant

SOLVE

Are there any plans to be able to update profile images through a form in Hubspot? We have an application that this would be so helpful!

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello @clintbieri , To the best of my knowledge, this is not currently in the pipeline, but  I would suggest adding this to the ideas forum and adding a link to the idea here so that people can upvote it! 

If I hear of any progress, I will make sure to update here as well.

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @p.broeckers,

While avatars still cannot be set or updated through the Contacts API, HubSpot still tries to fill a contact's profile picture from its proprietary database and via social media and other sites. Gravatars, for example, are often picked up. See this article for more information.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
josipmarkus
Contributor

SOLVE

@IsaacTakushi My contacts' photos are almost never automatically updated. Implementing an option to search Gravatar would make life much easier. The ability to add a photo by uploading allows HubSpot to check the box that says "adding a photo is possible", but we business owners also have more pressing matters to attend to. Please consider improving this functionally because right now it falls short of needs and expectations. Thank you.

ChaosFreak
Contributor

SOLVE

THREE YEARS and this still hasn't been fixed.

Dear HubSpot,

1. Don't say "This is something that we’ll likely add in the future" if you have no intention of doing so.
  2. Don't mark a question as "Solved" when you have provided no solution.
  3. When will this be fixed?
Vad1mo
Participant

SOLVE

Fetching images from Gravatar or "other" (whatever it might be) doesn't work eighter. 

We have multiple contacts with Gravatar, Twitter and Linkedin. Non of them is working.

p_broeckers
Participant

SOLVE

another year has gone... is there any update on this?

0 Upvotes
stephentradify
Participant

SOLVE

is there any update on this?

0 Upvotes
Holger_Winkelma
Participant

SOLVE

Any news on that. We just evaluationg CRMs and sync out google contacts and wondering why a) there is no direct sync of contacts possible (but mail and calder, but hey! that a C!!!RM!) and then I claimed pisync not syncing pictures which works with prosperworks etc. An now I ready its not Pies fault, there is simply NO API for avatars. somehow unbelievable in a 2017 CRM.

0 Upvotes
tokuin

SOLVE

Hi, is more than a year, any news on setting avatar photo over the API?

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

SOLVE

Hello, any news on this request?

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

SOLVE

Any updates on this? We have images of users we would like to use in the Hubspot CRM

0 Upvotes
Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Aeliot-Tm

We don’t currently have a way to set the photo by API, only through the UI. This is something that we’ll likely add in the future.

0 Upvotes