APIs & Integrations

LoicM
Contributor

Set a custom property to "Has unique value: yes" to deduplicate object Companies in API and .csv upl

SOLVE

Hello,

I am writing here because we struggle on a point and you may have the answer.

Let me explain: we connect our custom BO to Hubspot in API.

Among the connections, we create a new Company based on a custom property called "Company regstration number".

We need this "Company registration Number" to deduplicate company creation both in API and .csv uploads.

> At the moment, Hubspot deduplicates Companies on domain name (we can keep this rule), but we need to set "Company registration number" to (I guess) have "unique value" so that when creating a Company in API, if this company already exists (thanks to the Company registration number), it cannot create it because it would already exist/have an existing "Company registration number".

Thus, this rule would apply both for API requests and .csv uploads for Companies creation.

Do you know if this is possible and where to set it up in the API ?

Thank you very much !

Best regards,

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
prosa
Solution
Top Contributor

Set a custom property to "Has unique value: yes" to deduplicate object Companies in API and .csv upl

SOLVE

Hi there, I don't believe you will be able to dedupe only using hubspot and your custom prop. you are going to need to do this on your own app. you may be able to create a webhook to send the newly created company to your server and using that info find out if you should assing a registration id to the company or create a new one. Then use the API to update the company

If this post helped you resolve your issue, please consider marking it as the solution. Thank you for supporting our HubSpot community.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
himanshurauthan
Thought Leader | Elite Partner
Thought Leader | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi there , 

There is no way to setup this as there is no unique fields in the properties.

What you can do is setup a webhook to do the validation on company create/update. 

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
prosa
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi there, I don't believe you will be able to dedupe only using hubspot and your custom prop. you are going to need to do this on your own app. you may be able to create a webhook to send the newly created company to your server and using that info find out if you should assing a registration id to the company or create a new one. Then use the API to update the company

If this post helped you resolve your issue, please consider marking it as the solution. Thank you for supporting our HubSpot community.
LoicM
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you @prosa !

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @LoicM 

Thanks for the question.  Where is the company registration number set?  Can it be the objectID assigned by HubSpot?

@prosa , @himanshurauthan  do you guys have thoughts?

0 Upvotes
LoicM
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you @dennisedson 

0 Upvotes