APIs & Integrations

saleem_medit
Miembro

Sending in-app notification to users through Workflows

For our app, we have imported all our contacts to Hubspot. Like email workflows, we want to create notification workflow for sending messages to the users depending on their in-app activity.

Is it possible through Hubspot? If no, then are there any integrations available

11 Respuestas 11
jk4milli
Miembro

Hi Saleem,

You can use the Hubspot workflows to send push notifications to your app userbase by using the Onesignal integration. You can create the push message on the fly inside the Hubspot workflow, but I recommend you create the message inside of OneSignal and save it as a 'message template,' as you have more control over the look and feel of the message if you build it in OneSignal. Unfortunately it does not look like you can trigger an In-App message from the workflow. This is also something I would like to do but have yet to see that functionality. I currently use OneSignal to trigger all our in-app messages. I'm currently looking at how to create a Hubspot active list from an if/when branch, and then use that active list to create an audience segment in OneSignal, which can then be used to trigger the In-App message. For context, I want to send a thank you email to all our users who gave us a 10/10 in a satisfaction survey. I want to If/when branch depending on whether the email was opened or not, and ultimately, I then want to send these users an In-App message asking them to rate us in the app store. I woul prefer to use In-App, so I can segment users based on device - iOS or Android, and include action buttons that send them directly to our review page in the appropriate app store. From my undestanding, if I do this through Push, I can only have one URL link (embedded in the image) and it's not obvious to me how to segment Hubspot contacts based on their devices operating system. I hope this provides some helpful insight. 

0 Me gusta
cbarley
Exmiembro de HubSpot
Exmiembro de HubSpot

Ho @saleem_medit , can you describe what your goal is a bit further? I can point you in the right direction once I'm clear on your intentions. Correct me if I'm wrong but you'd like the following:

1. contact visits your site and visits a few pages, fills out a form
  2. send an email to the contact based on that activity

Let me know if I'm misunderstanding 🙂 

0 Me gusta
saleem_medit
Miembro

Hey @cbarley,

We have an application (iOS and Android) and based on their in-app activity we would like to send them a notification. We want to set up something similar to email workflows for notifications. 

All our users and app events have been imported to Hubspot. So my query is regarding setting up notification workflows similar to email workflows. Is it possible through Hubspot? If not, are there any Integrations available for the same?

Saleem

0 Me gusta
cbarley
Exmiembro de HubSpot
Exmiembro de HubSpot

Hi @saleem_medit , if you're an enterprise customer you could use custom events which allow enrollment into workflows based on those events. Otherwise, at any subscription level you can use our Timeline API to create notifications for contacts, companies or deals and enroll them into workflows based on their activity there. 

0 Me gusta
saleem_medit
Miembro

Hey @cbarley ,

Yes, we use custom events but when I try to setup notification workflows gives me options for sending notifications to my team members who are members of Hubspot. Here what we are looking for is to send notifications to users of our app (whom we have imported on Hubspot) based on custom events. 

Please correct me if I'm wrong. 🙂

0 Me gusta
cbarley
Exmiembro de HubSpot
Exmiembro de HubSpot

Hi @saleem_medit , I see. You cannot send an in-app notification per-se. But you can certainly enroll contacts based on the completion of an event, then send them an email. Something like this would work:

http://prntscr.com/na5l4i

0 Me gusta
saleem_medit
Miembro

Hey @cbarley , thanks for the link, we do have email workflows setup, based on in-app activity, and in addition to it we were looking for notification triggers. Are there any integrations available with Hubspot for sending notifications?

0 Me gusta
cbarley
Exmiembro de HubSpot
Exmiembro de HubSpot

What exactly do you mean by notifications? A visitor on your site would get a notification how? If they can't sign into HubSpot, how would they receive a notification? An email in this instance would be the notification. Maybe I'm thinking about this incorrectly, and I'm happy to be wrong, but I think we might be getting caught up in jargon right now.

0 Me gusta
saleem_medit
Miembro

Here I'm talking about mobile notifications based on user activity. By users I mean the ones who use our iOS and Android app (Not Hubspot team users). Also our custom events are based on in-application activity and not website engagements.

We are already sending emails to our users, what we want is to create a workflow with custom events and send mobile notifications ( or push notifications) to our users based on their activity.

Can we schedule a call sometime this week or next? I can invite someone from my dev team to help you understand the issue and find a suitable solution.
0 Me gusta
MMMF
Participante

Hi, I was reading your post and we actually want to do something similar. We want to do both e-mail and SMS message to our app users based on in-app activity. 

We think it might be easier to go with Twillio for this but wondering if you found a better solution. 

cbarley
Exmiembro de HubSpot
Exmiembro de HubSpot

Hi @saleem_medit I understand now what you mean, my questions in the previous response were meant to kind of shed light on the unknowns here. This isn't possible with HubSpot. You can definitely do any sort of push notifications from your app, but none of it is able to be managed by HubSpot. You'd have to do that from your application. I can see the usefulness, however, so if you're inclined I'd recommend checking out our ideas forum and posting the idea there https://community.hubspot.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/ideaslandingpage

0 Me gusta