APIs & Integrations

nickgoloborodko
Contributor

Sending an email with PDF attachment and logging it in Hubspot against a deal

I'l looking for a what to fulfil this requrement: I need to send an automated email with a PDF that is generated by an external system. I also need this to be logged against a specific deal, and ideally - be tracked by hubspot as well.

The external system that currently is generating the PDF in question is already integrating with hubspot and is progressing the deal stage and adding this PDF as an attachment to the deal. 

Does Transactional Email API currently support sending the emails with atatchments?

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Sending an email with PDF attachment and logging it in Hubspot against a deal

Hey @nickgoloborodko,

Currently, this is not possible.

As mentioned on this idea forum thread if you are willing to jump on a call to talk more about this functionality, and your specific use cases send my colleague  a direct message. He would love to understand and learn more from you. 

Additionally, you may want to explore this workaround that was suggeted by user himanshurauthan on this similar dev forum thread,

You can try saving document/attachment download link in a contact property or a custom token in case of sinle send email API. And then can use this token in your email. Hence on receiving the emails, users can access the link to view the attachment.

0 Upvotes