APIs & Integrations

MichaelBrock
Participant

Sending Marketing Email via the api

SOLVE

My client would like to create an email template via the api and send a marketing email using that template weekly.    Our point of contact at Hubspot thinks that market email templates can only be created via the Design tools inside of Hubspot admin.  Is that the case?  Does the api not support the remote creation of an email template for marketing emails?

I also do not see api documentation on how to trigger a marketing email distribution but that might be a misunderstanding of Hubspot's email workflow on my part.

Thanks!

Michael Brock

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Teun
Solution
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MichaelBrock ,

Last time I checked, the only way you can send an e-mail through the API is with the Transactional Email addon

I checked the docs, and I'm pretty sure that is still the case.
If you purchase the addon, you can either send a predefined e-mail template from HubSpot and pass custom properties with the API call, or send the complete code of the template through the API with the SMTP API.

Learn more about HubSpot by following me on LinkedIn or YouTube

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
MichaelBrock
Participant

SOLVE

The transactional email api looks robust, but this client is after this same sort of functinality  but for marketing emails.  I think perhaps that their understanding of what Hubspot can deliver via the api is inaccurate.

0 Upvotes
Teun

SOLVE

Hi @MichaelBrock ,

Currently, the only way to send an e-mail through the API is with this add-on. The only other solution I can think of is updating all the contacts that need to receive the e-mail through the API (custom property) and trigger a workflow whenever that property changes. That is, however, a very hacky solution.

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

0 Upvotes
MichaelBrock
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for the reply!  I'll look into the addon, that does sound like exactly what they are after (and what they think they already have <g>)

Teun
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @MichaelBrock ,

Last time I checked, the only way you can send an e-mail through the API is with the Transactional Email addon

I checked the docs, and I'm pretty sure that is still the case.
If you purchase the addon, you can either send a predefined e-mail template from HubSpot and pass custom properties with the API call, or send the complete code of the template through the API with the SMTP API.