APIs & Integrations

Augustus
Contributeur de premier rang

Second company to contact association created "unlabeled"

When exporting associations between companies and contacts via the associations get end point, there previously was only one association type "company_to_contact" - but there suddenly appeared a second association type for each company to contact association of type "company_to_contact_unlabeled".

We didn't push in any new associations between companies and contacts - this second association type seemed to appear out of nowhere.  It is causing issues because the assumption is that there is only a 1:1 association type and therefore each ID will only appear once in the data, but now with this second association type, each ID is appearing twice.

Has anyone seen this before?  Is there a way to remove this second association?

7 Réponses
EHeggenhougen
Participant

Could you post the solution here please? We have the same problem

Augustus

@EHeggenhougen at the time, it was because we had been enrolled in a beta program for testing secondary associations for Deals to Companies (i.e. a Deal could be associated to more than one company).  We were able to unenroll from the beta but it was indicated that the feature was planning to go into general availability at some point.  It appears that the feature may now be in general release as I see that there is an abililty to associate additional companies to a deal.

@dennisedson do you know if this feature is now in release and is there a way to turn it off or limit so that deals can only be associated to one company as before?  If secondary associations are made, was there no fix to the "unlabeled" association type issue?

dennisedson
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

With regards to the limiting of the associations, I do not believe there is a way, but I will double check and update this if I find out differently.

The unlabeled type is now a default association type.  One of two HubSpot defined association types.  From the documentation:

HubSpot defined association types

To support multiple company associations on contact, deal, and ticket records, two new HubSpot-defined association types have been created: 

• Primary: the main company that the other record is associated with. Primary associations can be used in HubSpot tools such as lists and workflows. For example, set up a workflow to only take action on records that are considered the Primary association. The first company record associated with a contact, deal, or ticket is automatically set to Primary. This API supports changing which company is considered the primary.
  • Unlabeled: an association type added when any contact, company, deal, or ticket record is associated. This type denotes that an association exists, and will always returned in responses with a label value of null. When a record has a primary association or a custom association type, those types will be listed alongside the unlabeled association type.

Augustus

@dennisedson I'm actually not seeing occurrences in my data of the unlabeled association type (who thought that was a good reference name to use to describe an association type?) but the above makes it sound like the Unlabeled association type will appear, even if there is just a primary association made between objects?  Is that accurate or does it only appear once there is a secondary association made between two objects?

EHeggenhougen
Participant

The unlabeled association occurs even without a secondary association, but I should maybe mention that we have so far only tested it on a developer account (with a test app). I don't know if the same occurs on other types of accounts
CGuardia
Membre

Hi, we are having the same issues, where we don´t know which to use, since we´ve found complementary info in the unlabeled table.

dennisedson

@Augustus ,

Will reach out in a dm 😃