APIs & Integrations

nyergler
Participant

Searchable custom Company properties not reflected in schema API

Hello friends,

I've noticed what I believe is a change in the schema API and I wanted to verify that it's operating as expected or if there's another way to find the information we need.

Our product lets Hubspot users keep data in sync between other business systems and Hubspot. A common use is creating Contacts and connecting them to Companies. Our users often have an internal "account id" that they use for this, so we've historically used that to locate the correct Company to make an association to when updating the Contact. We locate the correct Company using the search API.

We use the Hubspot schema APIs to determine what properties are available, and specifically look at searchableProperties to determine which properties we should allow searching for. When we first developed this functionality that the searchableProperties array included both standard Hubspot properties, as well as custom properties that are marked as searchable. However, making the calls today I only see the standard Hubspot properties included in this list.

I'm wondering if something changed with that API, or perhaps I'm wrong about my prior experience? Is there a way to determine which custom properties are searchable via the API?

We're calling https://api.hubapi.com/crm/v3/schemas/company to get the Company schema, and authenticating via OAuth if that matters.

Thanks,

Nathan

1 Reply 1
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Searchable custom Company properties not reflected in schema API

Hey, @nyergler 👋 Great question. I cannot speak to past results, but I am going to run a quick test in my portal to see if I can verify the expected result. I'll update this post with any information I find for us.

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes