APIs & Integrations

eblanchette1
メンバー

Search with Custom Properties

解決

Hello, I’m trying to figure out a way to find contacts with a custom property. I’m trying to implement one way sync from our internal system to hubspot. I have a property called ‘internal-account-id’. It appears search only works with name and email.

Am I missing something? Ideas / suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Eric

1件の承認済みベストアンサー
jackcoldrick
解決策
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

解決

This has been rolled out into developer preview today. You can acess it here: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs-beta/crm/search. You can view the official update here: https://developers.hubspot.com/changelog/crm-api-v3-developer-preview-is-now-available

Jack Coldrick
Solutions Engineer @ HubSpot
Add me on LinkedIn

元の投稿で解決策を見る

47件の返信
brainharrington
参加者

解決

Hi, that's awesome, how does testing it on the beta work? Is it all my data still or just a test environment?

Ran into same thing today as original post, trying to search my contacts by a custom ID

0 いいね!
plmcraig
メンバー

解決
So Jack let me check I understand, is this to say that unless you connect via the API a regular professional user cannot search for a custom property entry in order to find a certain contact in the current version of hubspot. In 2020? So if I want to find a specific custom
Property and see how many people have that same entry I have to export to excel and get them to do what Hubspot should be able to do in the first place? I’m so shocked I feel like I’m missing something it’s so bizarre...
sasteffl
参加者

解決

Equally as crazy is you can't even search for people using Hubspot's OWN FIELDS. We're a service based company where customers have multiple sites we must visit. When they call in, wouldn't it be nice to lookup their site by the PHYSICAL ADDRESS?

Guess what, you can't... I am honestly blown away at this lack of functionality in an otherwise incredibly powerful CRM. What gives Hubspot?

plmcraig
メンバー

解決

I left and went to Zoho. While Zoho is not as intuitive , once you get the hang of it , it's epic , its very customisable , you get over 50 APPS features etc for much less and the price comparison is second to none.  Try it. You may switch too. Try it trust me

0 いいね!
GenesisStamford
投稿者

解決

This is really crazy! This should be basic functionality.

And if you didn't realize already, this is a deadzone as far as Hubspot replies are concerned.  They don't care.

0 いいね!
sasteffl
参加者

解決

I'm not sure how we can help drum up enough support for this feature, but I just commented on this thread specifically in regards to street address. Go comment and upvote it and share with any people you engage with on the forums so we can get this momentum going.

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/search-contacts-by-street-address/m-p/319696/highlight/false#M1...

GenesisStamford
投稿者

解決

plmcraig,

I agree with 100%. To not have a user be able to do a simple search on a custom, or for that matter, any property in ridiculous. How am I to see how many of my contacts are interested in my widget A, B or C that I created a custom property for?

plmcraig
メンバー

解決

I left and went to Zoho. While Zoho is not as intuitive , once you get the hang of it , it's epic , its very customisable , you get over 50 APPS features etc for much less and the price comparison is second to none.  Try it. You may switch too. 

0 いいね!
GenesisStamford
投稿者

解決

2 weeks and nothing from HubSpot. Pretty useless

0 いいね!
brank87
参加者

解決

Still no custom property search 😱

0 いいね!
aronhoekstra
参加者

解決

Nope, not yet. Though I do have it on good authority this IS in the works and is currently undergoing beta testing. Not only custom fields but ability to search on ANY field. Not sure when it is going to be released but I think its just a few weeks away. Hang in there.

0 いいね!
aronhoekstra
参加者

解決

I'd like to ask this as well, when will this be supported? It is unbearable trying to do any real systems integration without this capability.

IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

解決

Hi all,

While @pmanca and I can and have passed this feedback along internally, the HubSpot Community Ideas Forum is the best place to share feature requests. The product teams regularly monitor posts and generally prioritize ideas which have the most engagement from and greatest potential impact on users. Indeed, custom property search is currently available in the HubSpot app because of user feedback on this post.

I found this idea, but my upvote today was the first. If you would like such an API endpoint added, please upvote and comment on the post.

I recommend including as much detail as possible per these best practices. The more the product teams understand a feature's use case, the more accurate they will be when scoping the feature.

Thank you for your understanding. I will close this topic to maximize feedback on this idea.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 いいね!
sanjaydojo
投稿者

解決

Any update on this?

0 いいね!
hannuCR
参加者 | Platinum Partner
参加者 | Platinum Partner

解決

This is definitely something we need. I hope this functionality gets added soon.

0 いいね!
bludkiewicz
参加者

解決

Not being able to perform an api search on custom properties is really limiting what we can do with your platform. Please add this functionality. Thanks.

LPM
トップ投稿者 | Diamond Partner
トップ投稿者 | Diamond Partner

解決

basically this renders all marketing that relates to other social media platforms useless.

I.e facebook, wechat, etc. You'll basically need to create dummy email addresses for each user creating double the number of contacts.

e.g get email: 32465736@facebook.com -> strip @facebook.com to get ID to use in API

where as if this was actually usable with custom properties, it would be -> find user with facebook_id -> use in API

0 いいね!
John
トップ投稿者 | Platinum Partner
トップ投稿者 | Platinum Partner

解決

@pmanca, where can we track this request for a custom property search? I know HubSpot is a young CRM, but please tell us this is in the works haha

I like kudos almost as much as cake – a close second.

3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

解決

@john_ascend Right now it isn’t in the immediate future for this feature to be built, much of our focus in early 2018 will be around the services product we announced back in September.

Here is a link for our current Ideas as well:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/ideaslandingpage

0 いいね!
適用対象外

解決

nothing personal I really hate this API.

nado
メンバー

解決

Inability to search for contacts on custom properties seriously makes this CRM stupidly unusable for any use-case that doesn’t rely 100% on email as the unique identifier. Please fix this asap.