APIs & Integrations

trong

Search for companies by name

SOLVE

Hi all,

Is it possible to find companies by name instead of by domain or ID? It doesn’t appear to be in the API docs.

Thanks!

2 Accepted solutions
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hello, all.

Welcome, @dallashuggins!

While @pmanca and I can and have passed this feedback along internally, the HubSpot Community Ideas Forum is the best place to share feature requests. Our product managers regularly review top voted/commented ideas and try to prioritize ideas which have the most engagement from and greatest potential impact on users.

I previously found this idea, but my upvote in October was the first. If you would like such an API endpoint added, please upvote and comment on the post with your use cases.

I recommend including as much detail as possible per these best practices. The more the product teams understand a feature's use case, the more accurate they will be when scoping the feature.

While there has been quite a bit of engagement on this thread, I don't think the feedback has been as visible to the decision makers on the CRM team as it could have been. That's on us for not moving the discussion over to the Ideas Forum sooner.

Thank you for your understanding. I will close this topic to maximize feedback on this idea.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
DevaVishnu
Solution
Member | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

lmfao all these replies but nobody posted a solution
Here you go

$json = [
            "filterGroups" => [
                [
                    "filters" => [
                        [
                            "operator" => "EQ",
                            "propertyName" => "name",
                            "value" => "VishCompany5"
                        ]
                    ]
                ]
            ]
        ];

$response = $this->client->post(
            "https://api.hubapi.com/crm/v3/objects/companies/search",
            ["body" => json_encode($json)]
        );

$results = json_decode($response->getBody(), true);

dd($results);

//output
array:2 [▼
  "total" => 1
  "results" => array:1 [▼
    0 => array:5 [▼
      "id" => "10515190283"
      "properties" => array:5 [▶]
      "createdAt" => "2023-01-02T07:19:39.513Z"
      "updatedAt" => "2023-01-02T07:19:52.085Z"
      "archived" => false
    ]
  ]

View solution in original post

27 Replies 27
DevaVishnu
Solution

SOLVE

lmfao all these replies but nobody posted a solution
Here you go

$json = [
            "filterGroups" => [
                [
                    "filters" => [
                        [
                            "operator" => "EQ",
                            "propertyName" => "name",
                            "value" => "VishCompany5"
                        ]
                    ]
                ]
            ]
        ];

$response = $this->client->post(
            "https://api.hubapi.com/crm/v3/objects/companies/search",
            ["body" => json_encode($json)]
        );

$results = json_decode($response->getBody(), true);

dd($results);

//output
array:2 [▼
  "total" => 1
  "results" => array:1 [▼
    0 => array:5 [▼
      "id" => "10515190283"
      "properties" => array:5 [▶]
      "createdAt" => "2023-01-02T07:19:39.513Z"
      "updatedAt" => "2023-01-02T07:19:52.085Z"
      "archived" => false
    ]
  ]
MSampathkumar

SOLVE

Hi DV, 

I am getting the below error when I try this. Can you pls advise?

0 Upvotes
hudsonwebdev
Participant

SOLVE

This worked perfectly for me.  Thank you!

MMneimne

SOLVE

This is a bit late, but version 3 of the API support it, here is the link

0 Upvotes
brianleishman

SOLVE

Are you sure? That page you linked doesn't seem to say anything about searching particular values

0 Upvotes
heath
Participant

SOLVE

We also greatly require the ability to parse a company name to our middleware solution. Seems like a fairly simple request.

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hello, all.

Welcome, @dallashuggins!

While @pmanca and I can and have passed this feedback along internally, the HubSpot Community Ideas Forum is the best place to share feature requests. Our product managers regularly review top voted/commented ideas and try to prioritize ideas which have the most engagement from and greatest potential impact on users.

I previously found this idea, but my upvote in October was the first. If you would like such an API endpoint added, please upvote and comment on the post with your use cases.

I recommend including as much detail as possible per these best practices. The more the product teams understand a feature's use case, the more accurate they will be when scoping the feature.

While there has been quite a bit of engagement on this thread, I don't think the feedback has been as visible to the decision makers on the CRM team as it could have been. That's on us for not moving the discussion over to the Ideas Forum sooner.

Thank you for your understanding. I will close this topic to maximize feedback on this idea.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes
njgage
Participant

SOLVE

Yawn.... after messaging support they asked to upvote something that is 2.5 years old... so, for all the use it will do....

Currently we do as others have suggested - make 43+ api calls getting 250 company records at a time to build an in-memory array of our companies. Then do a search by name to then get the company ID we need to then do something useful with it.. Mental overhead on the api system and it's so easy to create one more endpoint to allow search by name.

karthicks

SOLVE

It's a bummer that the hubspot API still doesn't let you search companies by name. And, for that reason, I'm going to have to go with another provider.

0 Upvotes
dallashuggins

SOLVE

I want to add an additional vote for this functionality. This is very important for our new integration, and we are going to have to add a new company for every single contact due to this functionality not being available.

0 Upvotes
mindmatrix_test

SOLVE

@pmanca when this enhancement going to be released..??

LPM
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

There's a lot of pressing matters which have been on the backlog of requests for hubspot for a while now. An example is the allowing users to be assigned to multiple teams.

For this particular issue however, I found it surprising that if you look at zapier, they have been able to do this.

I'm not sure how they perform the search, but if you create a zap and link it to the hubspot CRM, it gives you the option of searching by company name. Maybe they just search through all company records until they find a match?

garethdaine

SOLVE

What I would like to know, understanding that this has been an issue (based on this thread) for some time, and also understanding that many people have requested this feature (I believe it was passed on internally), are you planning on implementing this?

If not, why not?

If so, while I understand an exact date isn't practical, do you have a rough indication of when an endpoint will be available?

This year? Next year? Never?

joshvc
Participant

SOLVE

Adding in a +1 to the comments above. We need a company name search API

Not applicable

SOLVE

I'll go ahead and 16th this. I'm certain Hubspot has some rationale for not exposing both Deals (I just learned that from the post above) and Companies to name search, and I'm guessing it is a business one and not a technology one, but Hubspot really should provide an adequate response here. Why would Hubspot work so hard on their API documentation and support if they are going to cripple the whole thing with this poor decision making?

0 Upvotes
garethdaine

SOLVE

Wow! Insanity.

We’re currently building an interface via our custom ERP system (previously we handled and stored all company data) as we want tighter integration with marketing and for account managers and sales staff to be able to manage company accounts in one interface.

Not being able to search via a string is mental. Severely limits capabilities.

I mean, you can search via a domain name (very limited use case), but not by a company name. Crazy.

HubSpot isn’t the cheapest tool, so this is pretty critical to our continued use of the product.

erebus

SOLVE

We really need this as well! Thanks.

0 Upvotes
tburger

SOLVE

Concur, this functionality should be a part of the API. The alternative approaches to being able to do this would be to have a synched “list” elsewhere and expensive processes to both customers (dev cost, outlay, etc…) but equally hubspot with likely un-needed chatter via API calls because a search by name didn’t exist in the API.

How are others doing this?

0 Upvotes
murta
Participant

SOLVE

I really miss this functionality in HubSpot API.
The same problem happens for Deals! With no search by name API.
Please give us a date.

0 Upvotes
3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

@murta @jason_f1

I don’t have a date at this time to give you on when this will be built out and published.

0 Upvotes