APIs & Integrations

RLehrhaupt
Participant

Search Filter API querying associated object properties

I have a bit of a dilemma for an integration automation I want to employ. We have calls that come in from different call centers, through different mediums, etc...

I am trying to make active lists that can be accessed by our sales team which filter and select contacts associated with calls that came in on the last weekend. Each list will also be filtered by medium. 

Despite there being no UI for adding custom properties to calls, I am able to add custom call properties using the properties API to add "medium" for example.

When using active lists, I can select "activity date", however, there are no filters such as "Last week" for date properties unlike these options in a HubSpot Report builder filter, for example. You can only select rolling days and reference other properties of the object (by the way, having Global CRM properties to reference in filters and workflows would be useful as a side note).

My current course of action is building an Active List via API v1 (https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/lists/create_list)and periodically updating the filter to the date range I require. Since the Active List filtering will also not let me choose more than a predefined amount of Activity/Engagement properties shown in the UI, I will also incorporate my custom call property "medium" via Active List API building.

Maintaining a list this way via external server is definitely annoying, but I have a clear path. The issue is that I am creating a contact based list and using associated call object properties to filter. As I mentioned, an Active List in the UI allows users to use associated activity/call properties as a filter. I am not sure how to reference associated objects and the correct format when implmenting a filter via API.

Additional suggestions of how to build such a list (if an easier method is thought of) would also be appreciated.

Thanks.

2 Réponses
TDwebdev
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Diamond
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Hi RLehrhaupt,

I suggest checking out https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/search for more information.

Vet Digital

Did my post solve your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution
0 Votes
RLehrhaupt
Participant

Thanks, is there a known way to reference an associated object(s) in a calculationFormula string given to the API on property creation/update? The documentation does not specify a method to do this, but there is limited functionality for this in the UI. Additionally I found some resources online indicating there may have been legacy ways to do this. If this is possible via the current API or a legacy version and you know of any method or documentation for this, that would be great, thanks!