APIs & Integrations

rohansdeeson
Top Contributor

Scheduled tasks

SOLVE

Is there any way in hubspot to, run a task at regular intervals, to say check if something exists in a contact record?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Scheduled tasks

SOLVE

Hey @rohansdeeson,

Thanks for sharing your use case with me!

In this case, while there isn't an easy way to cancel booked meeting, what you can do is the following:

1. If a payment has been made, record it as a custom property on the contact record i.e. paymentMade? If yes, the property value would be yes. If not, the property value would be no. 

2. Create a workflow and set the enrollment criteria to be if paymentMade == yes and send an internal email to the contact owner to inform him/her that the meeting has been cancelled. Something like this:

Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 11.31.37 AM.png

3. Once informed, the contact owner will have to delete the meeting either on Outlook's end or Google's end. Here's a guide on how to delete meeting on Google's end: Solved: HubSpot Community - Cancel Meeting - HubSpot Community

Hope this helps!!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Scheduled tasks

SOLVE

Hey @rohansdeeson,

Based on what you described, an active lists: Create and use lists might best suits your team use case.

While it's not possible to run a specific task at a regular intervals, you can create active list based on certain criteria and if records meet the criteria, they will join the list and leave the list if they no longer meet the criteria. 

If you could further expand your use case, I could probably help to shed more lights on this. 

0 Upvotes
rohansdeeson
Top Contributor

Scheduled tasks

SOLVE

Basically we are wanting to leverage the meeting bookings to schedule an appointment with an expert, but we are wanting people to pay for this. 

One option would be to insert a payment mechanism before the booking, but ideally we want people to be able to check availability then book then pay, so I was thinking that I could potentially have something that checks and if no payment is found to cancel the meeting.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Scheduled tasks

SOLVE

Hey @rohansdeeson,

Thanks for sharing your use case with me!

In this case, while there isn't an easy way to cancel booked meeting, what you can do is the following:

1. If a payment has been made, record it as a custom property on the contact record i.e. paymentMade? If yes, the property value would be yes. If not, the property value would be no. 

2. Create a workflow and set the enrollment criteria to be if paymentMade == yes and send an internal email to the contact owner to inform him/her that the meeting has been cancelled. Something like this:

Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 11.31.37 AM.png

3. Once informed, the contact owner will have to delete the meeting either on Outlook's end or Google's end. Here's a guide on how to delete meeting on Google's end: Solved: HubSpot Community - Cancel Meeting - HubSpot Community

Hope this helps!!

0 Upvotes