APIs & Integrations

jeffrey_higdon

Salesforce updating Hubspot data

SOLVE

This may be the wrong place for this question, but I have yet to see any real documentation on it. Is there capability for when a lead exists in both Hubspot and Salesforce and then is updated in Salesforce, that it would update the lead data in Hubspot? For instance, if someone updated the leads address or phone number in Salesforce, it would then update that info in Hubspot. Thanks.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Dadams
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

We have some general troubleshooting suggestions for sync issues here:

How to identify and fix Salesforce integration sync errors

Built into the integration is a dashboard of Salesforce sync errors. As syncs run into issues, the integration will display these in the Sync Errors screen to allow you to go into each error within HubSpot and fix these issues.

If you’re still having issues syncing those records after taking a look at that doc, I’d recommend contacting our support team.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
jeffrey_higdon

SOLVE

Thanks for the help. We don’t have any sync issues related to this, I will go ahead and contact support though. One quick question, an inclusion list would not block this would it?

0 Upvotes
jeffrey_higdon

SOLVE

I appreciate the help. For some reason, they still are not syncing. I have a few other fields that I am updating in Salesforce that are not formulas and the lead still is not syncing. I will continue to look into it. Thanks for the help.

0 Upvotes
Dadams
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

We have some general troubleshooting suggestions for sync issues here:

How to identify and fix Salesforce integration sync errors

Built into the integration is a dashboard of Salesforce sync errors. As syncs run into issues, the integration will display these in the Sync Errors screen to allow you to go into each error within HubSpot and fix these issues.

If you’re still having issues syncing those records after taking a look at that doc, I’d recommend contacting our support team.

0 Upvotes
Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @jeffrey.higdon

Any changes to fields in Salesforce can be synced back to the HubSpot contact record. The Salesforce fields would need to be mapped to contact properties in HubSpot, and you can find more details about setting up those mappings here:

How to map contact properties between HubSpot and Salesforce

At this point, you’ll want to ensure that your 'First name' property in HubSpot is correctly syncing with the 'First name' field in Salesforce.

If you haven’t see the user guide for the connecter yet, I’d recommend taking a look at that as well, since it covers some of the main features of the connector, as well as setup:

A quick tour of the Salesforce integration

The integration between HubSpot and Salesforce is a bridge between your marketing database and your sales database, allowing activity and information to move seamlessly between the two.

0 Upvotes
jeffrey_higdon

SOLVE

Thanks for the response. I have the fields mapped but the issue is, at least I think, the fields in Salesforce are formula fields. Which are read-only. The only option is to “Use Salesforce Value” only. I don’t know if that prevents Salesforce from sending back. I am probably answering my own question though in that it will create a lead in Hubspot that originated in Salesforce. So the formula fields to pass the data to Hubspot. They just don’t when Salesforce is updating the field.

0 Upvotes
Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Formula fields can sync a value into a HubSpot property, but due to the nature of how formula fields work, we can’t write data to them (since the value is based on the defined formula), and we can’t detect changes to formula fields themselves, so there would need to be a change to a separate non-formula field that is also syncing with HubSpot, at which point we’d grab the value of the formula field as part of the sync process.

How do I sync a Salesforce formula field with HubSpot?

Navigate in HubSpot to Account Menu > Integrations > Salesforce to set up a field mapping to a Salesforce formula field.

0 Upvotes