APIs & Integrations

ym42324
Participante

Resubscription message link works, but doesn’t display any message when clicked

Portal id 5664924

I implemented a resubscription feature for newsletter forms. When a contact, who previously unsubscribed from all communications, tries to enter his email, under email field he gets popup link, which, when clicked, sends him email with a link to update communication preferences. I am using embedded forms (example form id: 334f4219-ae1e-484a-ba49-80d1e87be8fb), as API forms do not support this feature. For the most part it works the way it is supposed to: when unsubscribed email is entered, a link popups that says “Looks like you've opted out of email communication. Click here to get an email and opt back in”, when that link is clicked, contact is getting an resubscription email with link to preferences.

There is a minor problem, however. When contact clicks popup message, they don’t get any notification of that ON THE SITE PAGE. So some contacts don’t read the popup message and don’t realize they are about to get an email. I believe it would be beneficial if some additional message would come up after they clicked that popup message, with text like “Thank you, please check your email now”.

I then noticed that when popup message is clicked, the debugging console in site developer tools shows the following error:

Unable to load <script> located at “https://api.hubapi.com/email/v1/form-resubscribe/yuri%40fauxwoodbeams.com/jsonp/initiate?portalId=56....

The website is www.fauxwoodbeams.com. You can scroll to the very footer and try entering a test email yuri [at] fauxwoodbeams.com to reproduce this behavior.

My question is, isn’t there some kind of issue, and contact should actually get some kind of feedback on the page when he clicks “Looks like you've opted out of email communication” popup link?

0 Me gusta
2 Respuestas 2
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @ym42324,

When looking at your form FWB — Newsletter > Under the 'Options' settings, I note that the action set on what happen after a visitor submits this form is to display a thank you message. This is the behavior I observed when I submitted the form at the footer of this page: www.fauxwoodbeams.com:

thankYouMessage.png

However, I noticed that as the page refresh after a form submission, the page will reload and show the top part of the page and hence the display thank you message isn't obvious as it is showing on the footer. 

In this case, I would suggest your team to look into selecting the 'Redirect to another page' option in the form settings and set up a thank you page for the form to redirect to upon submission:

redirect.png

0 Me gusta
ym42324
Participante

Thanks for replying, 

My issue was a little different. It was not about the submission message (it worked as indended), it was about resubscription message. If customer previously unsubscribed from all communication, and then tried to submit his email again, it would give him message "Looks like you've opted out of email communication. Click here to get an email and opt back in", and after that was clicked, an email would be sent to customer, but nothing would happen to inform them about it on the site, and there would be JS error of some file missing at Hubspot servers logged into JS console.

However, after checking in again today, I saw this issue was resolved by itself. Currently after they click that message, they would see a confirmation box saying "Please check your email to opt back in" (see screenshot - the message on the right didn't show up previously, but now it does). This is exactly the behavior I was looking foor. I don't know why it wasn't working originally, and why it started to work now (no changes were done to website), but either way, the issue is fixed.

resubscription-issue.jpg