APIs & Integrations

froettgen
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Reset default property "number of times contacted" after import

SOLVE

Hey!

I am trying to find a workaround to reset the property "Number of times contacted" after importing contact data. Since it is one of HubSpots default contact properties the possibilities to work with it are limited.

Here is a definition of the property.

• Number of times contacted: the total number of times the contact received a sales email, received a call, or had a chat conversation.

In the process our customer is using, they use this property as a KPI for their call center agents.

Each day they export a list of their contacts that have filled out the contact form. These will then be contacted by their call center agents. At the end of the day they import the new data into their Hubspot portal.

Usually the agents only call the leads 3 times max. 

The only exception is if a known lead fills out the form again. 

His "number of times contacted" should then be set to 0 so the KPIs for the call center agents still work. Our goal is now to find a way to reset the contact property back to 0 once a known contact has filled out the form again. As of right now the property just increases for these contacts and makes it impossible to use it as a KPI for compensating the agents.

I couldn't find a way to reset the property.Does anyone have any ideas for a workaround or an API we could use? 🙂 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Bryantworks
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hey @froettgen,

The only way I think you could do this is to create your own custom field for this one.  You'd have a workflow that clears your custom field on form submission.  And then a separate workflow that increases that field by 1 when the Number of times contacted to that custom field when it is "Known" (make sure reenrollment is on).  That way, each point of contact increases it by 1 but if they resubmit the form it's essentially cleared and restarted counting.

Hope this helps!

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
froettgen
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Thanks a lot Chris for your input!
I'll try this workaround. It sounds like it should work! 

Bryantworks
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @froettgen,

The only way I think you could do this is to create your own custom field for this one.  You'd have a workflow that clears your custom field on form submission.  And then a separate workflow that increases that field by 1 when the Number of times contacted to that custom field when it is "Known" (make sure reenrollment is on).  That way, each point of contact increases it by 1 but if they resubmit the form it's essentially cleared and restarted counting.

Hope this helps!

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert