APIs & Integrations

hourstack

Request for Engagements Type Filter in API

Hello,

We have a request for a new parameter to be added on the Engagements API resource that allows us to choose the ‘TYPE’ of engagement that we want to pull from the API, e.g. Task, Meeting, Email etc.

We currently are paginating all data, which is costly on the HubSpot server, and in the client’s time. In one particular case the JSON file exceeds 3MB and the wait time is around 1 minute, because the user has hundreds of emails (type: EMAIL), and we are just trying to grab the tasks. We have to download all engagements and then filter our end which is very costly and slow.

A simple parameter to specify what type of engagement would be very helpful indeed and would make our integration with HubSpot killer.

Please see https://app.hourstack.io/account/integrations to view our integration and see the problem for yourselves (you will need to create a free account first).

Thank you!

Stu

6 Replies 6
hourstack

Ok it works now, please upvote if you like this idea! :slight_smile:

Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @hourstack,

That’s odd; was this what you were trying to submit?

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/HubSpot_Ideas

0 Upvotes
hourstack

Yes, it was that form. I’ll try again.

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @hourstack,

I can totally see the use case here; I’d be happy to pass it along internally. If you have the inclination, I’d recommend visiting the Ideas Forum on the HubSpot Community. There, you can create a post including your use case that product and other customers can see.

0 Upvotes
nitishSliderule
Participant

Hey @Derek_Gervais ,
any update on this request. We are also facing a similar problem.
Current recent engagement API is giving us all engagement types (we only are concerned with MEETING type), therefore we also have to scroll / paginate through every response.
The main problem with this approach is - for our case there are lot of engagements (> 10,000), therefore when we try to retrieve records where offset = 10000 and count = 50,
the API breaks stating that - offset + count <= 10000
Therefore, we cannot retrive any more records after this.
It's most probably an ElasticSearch heap max size issue from your end.
So, can you please provide us an update on this, this thing is blocking us from migrating to Hubspot Meeting. 

0 Upvotes
hourstack

Thanks—yeah I tried to submit there too but the form didn’t work, it just refreshed when I clicked submit and didn’t submit anything. Please pass it along, I think it shouldn’t be too much trouble to create this. The best way might be to just offer another resource, much like you have with /recent/modified, but you could offer /recent/modified/type/task or /type/email etc.