APIs & Integrations

rgilham
Participant

Request Body truncated

I'm trying to use the v3 API for contacts but when performing any POST operation the request body is being truncated at 500 characters, throwing a "Bad Request, invalid json input" as it's chopping off the end of the json body.

For example, trying a '/crm/v3/objects/contacts/search', looking in the call-log I see the request:
{"filterGroups":[{"filters":[{"value":"charles@hotmail.fr","propertyName":"email","operator":"EQ"},{"value":"linkpizza+default+trackingsettings@linkpizza.com","propertyName":"email"},{"value":"klaas.joosten@linkpizza.com","propertyName":"email"},{"value":"dennis.brouwer@kizitos.com","propertyName":"email"},{"value":"robin.eggenkamp@linkpizza.com","propertyName":"email"},{"value":"robineggenkamp@gmail.com","propertyName":"email"}]}],"sorts":["string"],"properties":["lpid","lastname","displayname"

At first I assumed it was something in the code but this occurs from both my code and also the 'https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/contacts' test page, strongly suggesting its on the server side.

Anyone have an idea why this might be?

Screenshot 2021-05-04 at 17.14.27.pngScreenshot 2021-05-04 at 17.15.52.png

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Request Body truncated

@rgilham 

Just so it is clear, are you talking about the developer test call alone or are you having this issue sending the request by another method such as using postman?

0 Upvotes
rgilham
Participant

Request Body truncated

We also ran the same code through a mock server to check it wasn't an intermedeate network device (proxy) causing this, but the mock showed the full POST body turning up OK.

0 Upvotes
rgilham
Participant

Request Body truncated

No, I'm seeing the same issue using any client.  The developer web site endpoints, A Java client or CURL from the command line.  Any POST is truncated at 500 characters, regardless of the client

0 Upvotes