APIs & Integrations

AndrewM
Participant

Reporting on Sequence Performance

Our sales team is using Sequences extensively, but there is no way to report on either rep performance or sequence performance across reps.

I searched the API documentation and could not find (or figure out) how pull how many contacts or companies were enrolled in each segment of a sequence or the outcome of the sequences.

6 Replies 6
AVChrista
Contributor | Elite Partner

I'm still in the same boat as @andrew and @C_Ortlepp. There needs to be better reporting for sequences. Sequences is such a great sales tool, but when we try to report on it (or clients ask us to report on it) we have to build out convoluted ways to show how sequences are performing.

The reporting we can pull on template performance is great, we need to have that ability for sequences. And if the same sequence is being used by multiple users, it would be great to see the sequence performance compared among the users.

It would also be very helpful if you can search a sequence for a contact's name and then be able to see when they actually start the sequence without having to click through to the contact record. We often use a "rolling start" so that only a few contacts get enrolled in a sequence per week. When we are enrolling hundreds or thousands of contacts into a sequence, it is a manual process to find any information about the sequence and the contacts enrolled.

AVChrista

There needs to be better reporting options for sequences. We are currently spending too much time looking through the pages of contacts who've been enrolled. It would be great to be able to search by a contact's name or to find out when they actually start the sequence (we use a rolling start so that only a few contacts get enrolled each week). It is very manual and time consuming to try to find any information about a sequence and the contacts involved.

C_Ortlepp

Hey Guys,

We do have the same issue. We heavily use sequences and we would like to pull the sequence names/id, their connection to contacts they were assigned to and their outcome preferably through the Hubspot API to analyze their performance. This would enable us to do some sequence testing and increase sequence performance. However, I am unable to find these data points within your APIs. Any help here would be highly valued.

3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@Andrew_M With the reporting add-on you can build out reports to track rep performance. You can track a number of different things to compare and contrast their activity and performance. As for sequences you can see in the performance who was enrolled in the sequence and the outcome of it. If they were unenrolled then that means responded to the email and the sequence ended. Here is a screen shot of the performance screen with a couple examples.

0 Upvotes
AndrewM
Participant

The image shown is not reporting. This is the edit screen and shows a list of who is enrolled. It is also where our team creates and edits sequences. That might work for 10-20 contacts, but we have hundreds of emails and sequences going on per rep and will not work for us.

We are having to scrape everything into excel and manually work with our reps to figure it out. I talked with 2 people at Inbound, posted to Ideas, and now I am on developers trying to figure out a way to use sequences so it wont take us a week at the end of each month to report on sequences.

What we need is reporting in the reporting tool or via the API, similar to the workflows, forms, and emails (marketing).

We can report on ‘sent sales email’ but not the sequence. So, we have no way of reporting on how the sequences are performing.

Also, there is no way to trigger a workflow based on a specific sequence, so we have no way of knowing where people came from.

StevenB
Participant

Try Data Miner Chrome Extension. Worked for me.

I still have to run a script every time I pull up a sequence list. But it will extract data from each page and auto navigate to the next page and extract the info.

0 Upvotes