APIs & Integrations

nilesht

Removing contact association from deal

Hello Community,
We are using Ecom Bridge for Syncing data from Magento to Hubspot.
here we are trying to sync guest checkout details with Hubspot via Hubspot Integration API with below steps:
Step-1: added line_item into cart and synced deal without email. Deal is created with hubspot_object_id "hubde_17015_1579683336"
Step-2: added email (
nilesh.ntstg-220120@gmail.com) for same deal. Here we have created contact having hubspot_object_id "hubco_nilesh.ntstg-220120@gmail.com" then associated this contact with same deal. its reflected in Hubspot.
Step 3: want to use my other email so updated email (
nilesh.tnstag-220120@yahoo.com) for same deal...Here we have created contact having hubspot_object_id "hubco_nilesh.tnstag-220120@yahoo.com" then associated this contact with same deal.
Now in Hubspot deal, old email (step 2) should be replaced with new one email (used in step3).
But we observed both emails into Hubspot Deal.
Reference deal:
https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/6701464/deal/1450015334
Looking like issue with Association.

Here I want to remove old contact association from the deal, but not sure what data i need to sync for removing endpoint:
https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/crm-associations/delete-association

{ 
"fromObjectId": "hubde_17015_1579683336", 
"toObjectId": "hubco_nilesh.ntstg-220120@gmail.com", 
"category": "HUBSPOT_DEFINED", 
"definitionId": 3
 }

Could you please confirm the data passing to delete request? or any advice?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Removing contact association from deal

Hey @nilesht,

When looking at deal New Basket - 17015, I'm only seeing one contact associated to it and that's the updated contact - nilesh.tnstag-220120@yahoo.com. Taking a step further, I took a look at contact - nilesh.ntstg-220120@gmail.com and I'm also not seeing another deals being associated with it.

In this case, could you clarify further where exactly are you seeing both the old contact (nilesh.ntstg-220120@gmail.com) and new contact (nilesh.tnstag-220120@yahoo.com) on deal New Basket - 17015?

0 Upvotes