APIs & Integrations

luigib

Refresh the card content after the execution of an action hook

Hello,
just started to work with HubSpot extending capabilities to integrate it with our platform, and I have a question about Cards. Already checked the official documentation but found nothing.
Is there a way to trigger the refresh of the card's content after an action hook has been invoked in the card itself?
To give you additional context, we would like to implement a card that shows a "matching" entry on a different system (e.g. an user with the same email address of the current HS contact), with an action to trigger the creation.
Wondering if there is a way to automatically refresh the card content after the hook, or the only solution is for the user to reload the page.

Thanks
Luigi

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
BHadley

I'd like to know if anyone ever came up with a solution for this also

0 Upvotes
niederberger
Participant

I couldn't solve it.

0 Upvotes
niederberger
Participant

Does anyone has some news on that? 

0 Upvotes
KKauper
Participant

Any more info on this? I find it bizarre that this does not seem to be supported.

0 Upvotes
zaklein
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hi @luigib 

Just wondering if you're still experiencing this issue or if you've found a solution?

I'm having a related issue at the moment with CRM Extension custom cards -- I'm finding that (at least during testing) the custom card content is inconsistently refreshed after an action has been taken by the user. That's to say that sometimes the custom card content is refreshed and sometimes not, and I'm yet to work out the cause of this inconsistency. Have you experienced anything similar?

Thanks,

Zach

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey@luigib !

Are you still looking at this?  I am wondering that you could use the iframe action 🤔

@Mike_Eastwood  do you have some thoughts here?

0 Upvotes
luigib

Hi @dennisedson and thanks for your reply.

Yes, I am still looking for a better solution than just refresh the page, but no luck so far.

About your suggestion, I saw that with an iframe you can have some (limited) interaction with the parent window (like ok and cancel), but my problem is related to a card with an action hook, not clear how this applies.

Best regards,

Luigi

0 Upvotes