APIs & Integrations

mirfan
Participant

Read Report via API

Hi,

We created a custom Report using Report Builder (UI) which contain "Company" and "Deal" data.  We want to generate daily Excel file (Export report) however I believe, Report Builder doesn't have such functionality so I am looking to read a report via API and then write it to Excel file.

Is there any way to fetch/read complete custom report as defined and saved in Report Builder? If NO then what alternative option do I have? Do I need to fetch Deals and Companies separately and then merge locally (hectic job)?

Please give expert comments.

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Read Report via API

Hey @mirfan,

While this is not possible via HubSpot API, you can set up recurring emails to email the custom dashboard to specificed recipients in-app:

recurring.png

For additional guide and details, do check this article out: Email or export your dashboard.

0 Upvotes
mirfan
Participant

Read Report via API

Hi @WendyGoh ,

Thank you for response. The suggested approach send email with screenshot/image, not CSV/Excel. We need report data in CSV/Excel document however this approach is sending data as Image.

Thanks once again.

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Read Report via API

Hey @mirfan,

The only other way to export report in CSV (but not recurring) is to export it individually:

Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 11.39.45 AM.png

csv.png

0 Upvotes
mirfan
Participant

Read Report via API

Hi @WendyGoh,

Thank you for comments. I mentioned my requirements that I need data in CSV as well as recurring every day. So I need suggestion for best approach to achieve this requirements. 

Any possible approach to achieve it please?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Read Report via API

Hey @mirfan,

Currently, sending recurring dashboard in CSV is not possible. That said, I located a similar idea forum thread. If you haven't already, I'd recommend jumping over to the thread and give it a upvote and comment so that it's visible to the HubSpot product team and other HubSpot customers and developers. Hopefully this will gather more interest.

0 Upvotes