APIs & Integrations

durchanek
Participant

Re-order CRM extension properties

SOLVE

Is there any way to re-order properties for CRM extensions in the developer tools? Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @durchanek,

I do agree that if there's a simple drag and drop to re-order the CRM properties, it'd be helpful and I can honestly see a use case for this request. While it's not part of the roadmap now, moving forward, I'd recommend jumping over to the HubSpot Ideas Forum and posting this idea there so that it's visible to the HubSpot product team and other HubSpot customers and developers. Hopefully this will gather more interest!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @durchanek,

I hope all is well with you 😃

The order of the CRM extension properties depends on the propertyDefinitions order. 

You can either manually recreate the property in your deveploer tools (under the CRM extension API tab) or you can use this endpoint here Modify an object type to update the exisiting object type propertyDefinitions.

Hope this helps to clarify.

0 Upvotes
durchanek
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you Wendy!

Any plans to make this a bit easier, e.g. a simple drag&drop re-ordering? Because if you have 10 properties and you need to move the 2nd property by one position, you need to an AWFUL LOT of re-creating 🙂

Obviously, using the endpoint is the way to go, but for quick prototying, the console is still faster and more convenient.

Best,

Ladislav

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @durchanek,

I do agree that if there's a simple drag and drop to re-order the CRM properties, it'd be helpful and I can honestly see a use case for this request. While it's not part of the roadmap now, moving forward, I'd recommend jumping over to the HubSpot Ideas Forum and posting this idea there so that it's visible to the HubSpot product team and other HubSpot customers and developers. Hopefully this will gather more interest!

0 Upvotes
durchanek
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @WendyGoh ,

sounds good, will post it to the forum.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes