APIs & Integrations

FlorianHendrick
Participant

Quote Api - Get Discount

Hi,

Our sales are using the discount feature on quotes often:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/deals/use-quotes#:~:text=To%20add%20a%20discount%20to,value%20in%20the...
Create and share quotes 2020-08-06 19-59-20.png

I see there is a quotes API here: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/quotes

Is that discount a property? or can i get via associations?

I want to push the discount together with the rest of the info to our billing system (chargebee). Otherwise we have to put this in manually...

Thanks for your help,
Florian

8 Replies 8
ParkerShort
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Quote Api - Get Discount

I wanted to jump in and add that we need this field to be accessible via API, as a property on the quote, and just in general more robust. We have a quote approval workflow that can't branch off of this information because it's not included as a property on the quote (or deal, or line items, etc.). It's basically just printed onto the quote document. While we have approvals for the overall deal discount and margins, the entire thing can be defeated if someone just types in a 50% discount at the bottom of the quote. That discount doesn't appear as a property anywhere, and also can't be disabled. It doesn't even adjust the deal amount either. 

We attempt to calculate the average discount on deals, but have no way to reliably get that information. I'd love to see this at least make it's way into the quotes API, a better solution would be a full pricing api where line item discounts would get rolled in as well so we could calculate the total deal discount, margins, etc. We're currently using some hacky calculated fields to approximate this.

PGrangier
Participant

Quote Api - Get Discount

I have a tempory solution :

https://app.hubspot.com/api-passthrough/inbounddbquotes/v1/public-quotes/{{hs_public_url_key}}

@IsaacTakushi can you guarantee us, this api will not change, this is why there are a "v1"? 
Thanck for you answer

PGrangier
Participant

Quote Api - Get Discount

We need to have access to the taxes. I don't understand why we can have the taxes, the taxes is mandatory, is not a option in a quote or invoice. Please Huspot Team can you add this feature?

Nicolas-Sami
Participant

Quote Api - Get Discount

The documentation is pretty clear about this missing feature, but I am facing the same issue as @JaWas (want to create bills in a third-party app) and I also wish there was a way to retrieve taxes for a quote using the API.

CMayer
Contributor

Quote Api - Get Discount

@IsaacTakushi any updates on getting the general (= not on a line item) discounts through the API? 

We are looking for a way to have a second discount and we need to get both through the API. Is there a way to put a second discount field on the line item?

Thanks,

Chris 

IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Quote Api - Get Discount

Hi, @FlorianHendrick.

Thanks for reaching out.

While discounts on line items associated with the quote can be retrieved with the CRM Associations API and CRM Line Items API, the fees, taxes, and discounts you are referring to are applied to the quote as a whole and are contained within a separate additionalFees object. This object is currently inaccessible via a public API.

I recognize this is not the answer you were hoping for and I have shared feedback internally on the matter. The team does have plans to add support for this data to the CRM Quotes API in the future — potentially later this year.

In the meantime, alternatives include:
• Manually copying the taxes, fees, and discounts
• Adding the taxes, fees, and discounts to specific line items rather than the entire quote

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
MiguelCosta
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

Quote Api - Get Discount

Hello, 

Is this still in the plans for the future? If so, are there any dates?

JaWas
Participant

Quote Api - Get Discount

Hey Isaac,

is there an update on this? This is currently posing a huge issue to an integration I'm building which is supposed to automatically turn quotes into invoices in a third-party app. This data is integral to creating correct bills, and I would be astonished if it still isn't available almost a year later.

Cheers,

Jan