APIs & Integrations

JakeRubin
Participant

Querying Hubspot Database with SQL

SOLVE

Hi all, 

New to Hubspot. This is definitely going to be a total n00b question but whatever, I'm stuck and could use some help. 

Simply put I just want to query the hubspot database with SQL. It honestly doesn't matter what the program is; I have them all - I'm on a Mac. SQL Developer, MySQL, Azure Data Studio, Sequel Pro.

All I want to do is 1: Connect to my companies Hubspot Data with one of those programs. 

I have spent 6-7 hours and it looks like there are all kinds of services that are trying to reinvent the wheel here and make us pay an extra $100-300 a month (on top of the $1200 for the pro version of Hubspot). 

It cannot be this difficult, can anyone help me out?

1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey, @JakeRubin.

It sounds like you want to directly query your HubSpot companies data with SQL from an application like MySQL.

Unfortunately, it isn't possible to directly interact with HubSpot tables in this way. You'll have to create your own tables and populate them with the desired data via our APIs. Services like Hull do this for you so you don't have to build tables from scratch.

As my support colleague Dwi suggests in ticket 2682507, you can pull company data from your account using the Companies API. More specifically, the Get all companies endpoint is probably what you'll want to use. Be sure to specify any properties you want returned with properties query parameters.

Apologies for the confusion. Please let us know if we can clarify further.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
BBrown97
Participant

SOLVE

Hello! You can connect to your companies HubSpot Data with Azure MySQL via Skyvia. I usually use it because that does not require coding and I can load 10000 records per month for free. With Skyvia I can easily perform bi-directional sync of Azure MySQL and HubSpot. When performing the HubSpot - Azure MySQL sync periodically, Skyvia does not load all the data each time. It tracks changes in the synchronized data sources and performs only necessary data changes. By the way, Skyvia is a partner of HubSpot. You can check it out on the HubSpot marketplace.

0 Upvotes
CEstrada

SOLVE

Hello,

Good afternoon, I have a query, I hope you can help me.
I would like to know if there is a way to update a field in a table from lowercase to uppercase using a query or from the crm portal.
I'd appreciate your help..

Thanks!!

0 Upvotes
johnelmer
Top Contributor | Elite Partner
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

I know this is an older thread, but I wanted to alert the community that there is now a HubSpot App in the marketplace for users who want to use SQL queries to pull data from their HubSpot database.  The app is called MS SQL Server for HubSpot.  This integration pulls data out of HubSpot using a set of prebuilt API connectors. HubSpot data is then stored in an Azure SQL data warehouse, and automatically refreshed on a regularly scheduled basis.  Using this solution, you can freely query your HubSpot data without having to write any APIs or use expensive customer data platforms like Hull.  Users can connect this SQL Server data warehouse to apps like Klipfolio, BI software and more.  

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM Implementation | HubSpot Custom Integration Services | Datawarehouse.io Apps for HubSpot
Elite HubSpot Solutions Partner
> Follow me on LinkedIn
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thank you for sharing this information @johnelmer  this is a great resource!

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @JakeRubin 

I've just been reviewing this now and can see that you've partnered with our Support Team in relation to this - Do you still require any assistance with your initial query? 

Thanks,

Matt

Product Manager @ HubSpot
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey, @JakeRubin.

It sounds like you want to directly query your HubSpot companies data with SQL from an application like MySQL.

Unfortunately, it isn't possible to directly interact with HubSpot tables in this way. You'll have to create your own tables and populate them with the desired data via our APIs. Services like Hull do this for you so you don't have to build tables from scratch.

As my support colleague Dwi suggests in ticket 2682507, you can pull company data from your account using the Companies API. More specifically, the Get all companies endpoint is probably what you'll want to use. Be sure to specify any properties you want returned with properties query parameters.

Apologies for the confusion. Please let us know if we can clarify further.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes