QueryString not setting hs_ticket_category properly

NBissell

Hi,

I am attempting to send a query string to auto populate a form.

Query: ~/support/supportform?email=nathan%40jmawebtechnologies.com&hs_ticket_category=SUPPORT&subcategory___support=Other

I am using this help center article for reference: can-i-auto-populate-form-fields-through-a-query-string 

It works for the email, however the hs_ticket_category and the subcategory are not checked as it says they should be. Instead, it says "Please select at least one option." next to Category.

According to the documentation, I am following the same syntax, setting all internal values in the query string properly:

• EXAMPLE FROM HC: Multiple checkboxes field: &favorite_fast_food=Burger;Tacos
  • My Code: hs_ticket_category
  • NBissell_0-1638389194325.png

• My Code: subcategory___support
  • NBissell_1-1638389321242.png
  • Workflow:
  • NBissell_2-1638389348447.png
  • Actual Result:

NBissell_4-1638389408766.png

How do I get this query string to work? It appears very straightforward in the documentation, unsure why its not working here. Any ideas?

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
dennisedson
Community Manager

@NBissell 

Looks like you are using the label instead of the internal value for hs_ticket_category

Looks like the value is BILLING_ISSUE whereas you have BILLING. 

I imagine this is a typo but you have subcategory__support in the query and supcategory__support below.

I have not tested, but I wonder if one of the parameters is invalid, it stops auto populate.

Thanks,

Dennis

Check out our Community Developer Blog
where we feature our Community driven developer podcast and how to content
0 Upvotes