APIs & Integrations

NBissell

QueryString not setting hs_ticket_category properly

Hi,

I am attempting to send a query string to auto populate a form.

Query: ~/support/supportform?email=nathan%40jmawebtechnologies.com&hs_ticket_category=SUPPORT&subcategory___support=Other

I am using this help center article for reference: can-i-auto-populate-form-fields-through-a-query-string 

It works for the email, however the hs_ticket_category and the subcategory are not checked as it says they should be. Instead, it says "Please select at least one option." next to Category.

According to the documentation, I am following the same syntax, setting all internal values in the query string properly:

• EXAMPLE FROM HC: Multiple checkboxes field: &favorite_fast_food=Burger;Tacos
  • My Code: hs_ticket_category
  • NBissell_0-1638389194325.png

• My Code: subcategory___support
  • NBissell_1-1638389321242.png
  • Workflow:
  • NBissell_2-1638389348447.png
  • Actual Result:

NBissell_4-1638389408766.png

How do I get this query string to work? It appears very straightforward in the documentation, unsure why its not working here. Any ideas?

2 Replies 2
jsminfopresse
Participant

Hi! Did you find a solution for this problem??

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@NBissell 

Looks like you are using the label instead of the internal value for hs_ticket_category

Looks like the value is BILLING_ISSUE whereas you have BILLING. 

I imagine this is a typo but you have subcategory__support in the query and supcategory__support below.

I have not tested, but I wonder if one of the parameters is invalid, it stops auto populate.

0 Upvotes