APIs & Integrations

RickKiley

Push Contact Google ID into Hubspot

Background: Our e-commerce company's marketing activities are 100% online.  However, the vast majority of customers place orders offline, by telephone call.

Problem: These offline transactions are not measured in Google Analytics and, as a result, are not matched with other metrics and behaviors in Google Analytics.

Solution Sought: We are looking for a way to push offline customers' Google IDs to Hubspot, so IDs can be matched with transaction data and pushed back to Google Analytics for analysis.

Opportunity: Our company welcomes potential solutions to the challenge of gathering customer's Google IDs. 

Possible solutions: Could include obtaining the Google ID using:

• *Call tracking* capability (all these customers call us);
  • *Sales Hub* use;
  • Service Hub use. 

Regardless, we welcome and are open other solutions.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @RickKiley,

I hope all is well with you 😄

Thank you for the clearly written problem and end goal here. I do have some insights that I'd love to shed some lights on:

• By Google IDs, are you referring to customers' Gmail address? Researching on this, it does looks like Google ID appears to be referring to our Gmail address.
  • If that's the case, let's go through the possible solutions that you proposed:
    • Call tracking - For now currently there isn't a way to track customer's Gmail address over a call. The best way here is for the sales rep to manually gather the customer's Gmail address and record it as a contact record or deal record within HubSpot (A guide to records)
    • Sales Hub - Referring this guide here: Get started with Sales Hub there's a few tools that I find will be helpful for your team such as Use sequences as well as the Use the calling tool however all this tools would record you having a contact record which will likely contain the contact's Gmail address (Google ID). There isn't a way for the Sales Hub to obtain customer's Gmail address.
    • Service Hub - Likewise for Sales Hub, the Service Hub doesn't have a way to obtain customer's Gmail address
0 Upvotes
RickKiley

Thank you for the reply @WendyGoh 

By "Google ID" I am referring to the unique code that identifies a visitor to our website; I'm not referring to a Gmail address.

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @RickKiley,

Thank you for the clarification.

Rearching into this, I do not believe there's a way for us to retrieve the Google ID, the one way that you can go about to find your customer ID is within your Google ads account. Referencing this documentation here: Find your customer ID - Google Ads Help.

0 Upvotes