APIs & Integrations

christiancph
Participant

Pull data from Hubspot Custom Report?

SOLVE

Hi!

I can't find it in the API overview, so that's why the question comes here:

Is it possible to pull data via the API from a custom report made in Hubspot Reports?

Thanks!

Christian

2 Accepted solutions
Willson
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @christiancph,

Great question! Currently, the best API to work with in-terms of gathering reporting data would be the Analytics API.

The Analytics API is designed around the functionality of HubSpot's various reporting tools. The data returned by these APIs will mimic the data you would see in those tools. For example, when pulling sources data, the data in the results would be similar to what you would see in the sources report.

However, the options available do not allow you to pull exact data as it would appear in a dashboard report - this extends to custom reports. Instead the data is pulled by referencing analytics data associated to an object i.e Contacts, Deals etc.

If you're looking to extract specific data from a report, you'll have to work with the relevant endpoint to extract this data and combine it externally for use. As an example, the following endpoint can be used to extract Analytics Data for a specified object.

Thanks,

Matt

Product Manager @ HubSpot

View solution in original post

christiancph
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for your response Matt.

Final solution for this ended up being a scheduled data dump of contacts with properties & the same for deals into Google sheets so we can model the data there 🙂

Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Willson
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @christiancph,

Great question! Currently, the best API to work with in-terms of gathering reporting data would be the Analytics API.

The Analytics API is designed around the functionality of HubSpot's various reporting tools. The data returned by these APIs will mimic the data you would see in those tools. For example, when pulling sources data, the data in the results would be similar to what you would see in the sources report.

However, the options available do not allow you to pull exact data as it would appear in a dashboard report - this extends to custom reports. Instead the data is pulled by referencing analytics data associated to an object i.e Contacts, Deals etc.

If you're looking to extract specific data from a report, you'll have to work with the relevant endpoint to extract this data and combine it externally for use. As an example, the following endpoint can be used to extract Analytics Data for a specified object.

Thanks,

Matt

AWong24

SOLVE

Hi Matt,

Is there any update to pulling data from a custom report? The data I'm after is in Deals and Line items. The Analytics API seems to deal mainly with site traffic..?

Or should I try CRM associations? Ideally I'd like to avoid the need for two data dumps.

Many thanks

Annika

gviero

SOLVE

HI, what I did to bypass this limmitation was creating a list based on the last 7 days and extract the list with the properties I have in my custom report, than I append to the report weekly, it's the only automatic way to extract a custom report automatically, in my case I drop duplicated contact IDs and keep the last changed value for each

0 Upvotes
christiancph
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for your answer 🙂

So if I wanted the pull the number of contacts that has a specific custom property set to "X" that was created in the current month... would that be possible with the Analytics API? I only see event completions, form submissions etc... 

Thanks 🙂

0 Upvotes
Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @christiancph,

Unfortunately with the current setup of the endpoints, it's not possible to fetch data in this way whereby a query parameter is defined that uses the logic, if a property is equalled to X then return those contacts that match this criteria. The good news is that this is definitely on our Product Teams radar!

An alternative solution could potentially lie with the List endpoint, Get Contacts in a List. This endpoint allows you to pull all contacts who are associated to a list ID you define in the request. This would allow you to create an Active List in your Portal using the above criteria to filter contacts, as this is an active list, it would frequently update to include new contacts who match the criteria. 

Once the list is created, you can then pull contact VIDS that have the list membership associated to their record, thus pulling the total number of contacts that have this value set. 

Thanks,
Matt

0 Upvotes
christiancph
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for your response Matt.

Final solution for this ended up being a scheduled data dump of contacts with properties & the same for deals into Google sheets so we can model the data there 🙂

Thanks!