APIs & Integrations

NathanHeber

Property not updating in Hubspot when updated in Intercom via ping

When the contact is created on our site, a store code is passedfrom Intercom to Hubspot  correctly. However, when the customer updates their store on our site, the store code updates in Intercom's qualification data via a ping, but it doesn't update on Hubspot. If I manually update the same qualification data, it does pass to Hubspot. How do we get the data to update in Hubspot when the value changes via ping as opposed to only when it is manually changed? This is critical as it affects our ability to route leads appropriately. 

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
mguardos

Hi there,

I have the same issue and the reason provided by Nathan does not make sense to me. Do you know if there is any update on this matter or did you find a workaround to automate Intercom changes (via ping) into Hubspot contacts?

Thanks,

Miguel

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @NathanHeber,

Just to clarify, are you using the Intercom <-> HubSpot integration? 

When looking to automatically sync your leads' details to HubSpot, you can map the data you'd like to sent to HubSpot automatically in Intercom:

As documented here: HubSpot app: Send leads and conversations to HubSpot | Help Center

0 Upvotes
Christina3

Hi @WendyGoh I'm having the same issue.

It's mapped as you show below. And when a user is created in Intercom, it goes over to Hubspot with the fields mapped correctly.

It's when a field changes in Intercom, that those changes post migration aren't updating.

Example, someone changes their telephone number in intercom. It's still the old telephone number in Hubspot that uis from when mapping first occurred.

0 Upvotes
NathanHeber

Hi @Christina3 ,

It turns out that the qualification data only gets mapped from Intercom to Hubspot on the creation of the contact in Hubspot. After that, the only way to update from Intercom to Hubspot is to manually update the value in the qualification data. If you type in a new value, it will update in Hubspot. 

I think that was architected that way to make sure that Hubspot records remain the single source of truth once a contact is created, unless you take deliberate action to overwrite the record. I hope this helps.

0 Upvotes