APIs & Integrations

taran42
Contributor

Property for Who Logged an Activity

Is there a property for who logged an activity?

For example. I create a deal, I am the deal owner, but John logs a call in the deal. What property would I search for to track John's activity? I want to see who logged activity on a deal. I know I can find out how many activities John has performed, but I also want to know what that activity is.

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
taran42
Contributor

@dennisedson I do not care what John is doing, but management has requested his activities. 😛

I, incorrectly, assumed that notes, emails, calls, etc. were part of the deals properties. It appears that I need to make a new API call for engagements and I have found very little documentation around doing that (even less since I'm wanting to do it with Python).

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Glad you are sitting riding the Python wagon. The V3 endpoints have some example Python snippets, but the engagements API is not there yet.
0 Upvotes
taran42
Contributor

Since my current scripts are in V2, I'm good with keeping it that way. I just seem to be finding very little information on getting engagement information. I saw another post from a year ago where someone was looking for engagement examples, but there were no responses. It seems no one has tried it (or at least put it up for others to see). I also cannot find a list of properties associated with engagements.

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@taran42 !  Long time no see

Personnally, I think you should leave John alone 😜

But let's see if @lynton and @MatthewShepherd have a solution.

0 Upvotes