APIs & Integrations

lukassand
Participante

Properties being updated in Hubspot, but not when retrieving the data through the API

resolver

We created a property in Hubspot which has checkboxes to select multiple options, is in the contact information group and has a mapping to Salesforce. We are using the Hubspot API to extract and load the data from Hubspot to our DB.

We have the following issue: When changing the name of the checkbox options it gets updated in Hubspot, but when retrieving it through the API the name has not changed. So for all the different checkbox options we still retrieve the names of how we first created it, even thoguh we changed some of the names multiple times and they are shown correctly in Hubspot.

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
WendyGoh
Solución
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Properties being updated in Hubspot, but not when retrieving the data through the API

resolver

Hi @lukassand,

When changing the name of the multiple checkbox options, you are changing the label of the options. However, when retrieving through the API, the name that you're seeing is the internal value of the multiple checkbox options. This is an unique identifier which once created it can't be edited. 

internalValue.png

To get both the label and the internal value name, you can use endpoint such as this: Get all contacts properties | Contacts properties API where the return results will display both the properties' name and label.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
2 Respuestas 2
WendyGoh
Solución
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @lukassand,

When changing the name of the multiple checkbox options, you are changing the label of the options. However, when retrieving through the API, the name that you're seeing is the internal value of the multiple checkbox options. This is an unique identifier which once created it can't be edited. 

internalValue.png

To get both the label and the internal value name, you can use endpoint such as this: Get all contacts properties | Contacts properties API where the return results will display both the properties' name and label.

0 Me gusta
lukassand
Participante

resolver

Dear Wendy,

I had a hunch that it could be something like this, but wasn't quite sure. Thanks a lot for your quick and helpful reply! Much appreciated!

0 Me gusta