APIs & Integrations

Not applicable

Profile photos not retrieved with the Contacts API

Hi,

I’m developping an application that can be used to search contacts from different locations, including HubSpot.

My problem is, that even though I can find the test contacts I created for my test contacts list, the API does not return the profile pictures (they should be at properties.photo, like in here). Everything else is returned, without any delay from adding them through the UI.

The only photo I DO get is this: it’s in the properties.photo of a random test contact I created. I have NOT added it myself and it doesn’t even show up through the UI at the contact it supposedly belongs to. What’s going on here?

0 Upvotes
10 Replies 10
kasparp

Hi @Derek_Gervais but is there any chance that it will be implemented posting via API to Hubspot the avatar photos? Doesn't matter where they are added just it's insane to add them in multiple places.

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @p.broeckers,

Nothing new on this front. This isn't currently something that the team is planning on implementing.

0 Upvotes
Participant

Hi there. 2 1/2 years later - any changes on that?

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @j_wheeler,

I’m not aware of any plans to make contact photos available. I can’t say with certainty, but I would guess this isn’t something the team is planning to implement.

0 Upvotes
p_broeckers
Participant

9 months later... any news about that? will it be possible to get the contacts profile photo via API?

0 Upvotes
j_wheeler

Thank you for the response. Do we know if it’s going to be possible in the future?

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @j_wheeler,

It’s no longer possible to pull a contact’s profile picture via the public API. This was deprecated some time last year in tandem with some product updates.

0 Upvotes
j_wheeler

I am trying to get photos. When using the GET /contacts/v1/contact/vid/:vid/profile where it states the photo in the response example, it is not adding it to the response. The contact is a test contact and has had a photo added.

0 Upvotes
j_wheeler

I just tried calling it out specifically and it still did not show up. Even though the API says you should get every existing property, I thought I’d try. Is there anyone who can give some more information as to what is happening here? Is this a standing issue?

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

So everyone else is retrieving photos just fine?

0 Upvotes