APIs & Integrations

Mblondellet

Produt to Deal association with currency

Hi all,

i am currently using the Hubspot Api to link products to deals.

I'm creating line items with my products ids then linking these line items to my deal.

I would like to know if it is possible to pass a currency to the Api when linking the products to the deal.

The deal's currency is already set when creating the deal but my linked products appear with the default account's currency.

Quick example, if a client buys something on the US store, the deal's currency is USD but the products appear with the EUR currency which is my default currency.

Thank you,

Morgan.

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Mblondellet

Hi @WendyGoh ,

after all this time, i am back ! Do you have any news on an implementation of this request ? 🙂

Thank you,

Morgan.

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Mblondellet,

I hope all is well with you 😄

Currently, the product currency will take the same currency of the deal and when passing/updating the price of the product in the line item - the price currency will be the company currency. You would need to update the currency accordingly within your HubSpot portal like this:

update.png

I hope this helps to clarify things!

0 Upvotes
Mblondellet

Hi @Wendy ,

sorry for the delay, i was not working for the past few weeks 😉

Sadly i would need to do this action via the API if it is implemented. It seems to me that this would not be possible in the current API's state.

Could you tell me if this is the case please ?

Thank you,

Morgan.

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Mblondellet,

That is right. Currently, this action isn't possible via the API and you will have to do it within the HubSpot app.

Moving forward, I can honestly see a use case for this request and if you haven't already, I'd recommend jumping over to the HubSpot Ideas Forum and posting this idea there so that it's visible to the HubSpot product team and other HubSpot customers and developers. Hopefully this will gather more interest.

0 Upvotes
Mblondellet

Hi @WendyGoh,

thank you for your answer. I do not think that we will be manually modifying the locale as we have a lot of deals created by our website.

Have a nice day,

Morgan.

0 Upvotes