APIs & Integrations

John_Deguara
Participante

Product Properties

resolver

Hi All 

We are looking at how to solve a requirement when it comes to selecting a product for a sale within a Deal. 

We need to have the option of a dropdown list of items of which one can be selected along with a product when doing so from within Deals.

I.e. 

Step 1 

Create Deal 

Step2

Attach Product 1 to deal  

Step3

Select Property for that product e.g. type or category etc. 

Property would be requried per product. So;

1. If product 1 was ordered once, then the properties would be prompted to be entered once 

2. If product1 was ordered with a quantity of 2 then the properties would be prompted twice, once for each unit of product 

3. If 1 of product1 and 1 of product2 was ordered then the properties would be prompted twice once per product. 

We will then out put this information to fulfilment software via an API. 

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated. 

Kind Regards

John 

1 Soluciones aceptada
IsaacTakushi
Solución
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Product Properties

resolver

Welcome, @John_Deguara.

At this time, it's not possible to accomplish exactly what you're asking in the HubSpot UI. While custom product and line item properties can be created, manipulated, and retrieved through our APIs, these properties are currently not surfaced in-app.

For example, with the APIs, you could:

1. Create a deal
  2. Create custom product and line item properties (you would only have to do this once)
  3. Create a line item or groups of line items reflecting different product selections with specific values for your custom properties
  4. Associate these line items with the deal (using definitionId 19 or 20 per this article)
  5. Pull this information into your fulfillment software

...however there would be no UI, let alone a set of dropdown menus, for steps 3 and 4. Step 4 can be accomplished in-app, but there's currently no way to set custom line item properties in the same process as manually creating a deal.

I feel your pain here — I too want you to have the ability to edit and set custom product and line item properties in the HubSpot app. Other customers have expressed this need as well, so I encourage you to upvote this feature request and comment with your use case (especially the fact that you want to be able to set values when deals are created). I’ve already upvoted the idea and will also do my part and pass your feedback along through internal channels.

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience, but these are the best alternatives I can offer at this time.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

8 Respuestas 8
IsaacTakushi
Solución
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Product Properties

resolver

Welcome, @John_Deguara.

At this time, it's not possible to accomplish exactly what you're asking in the HubSpot UI. While custom product and line item properties can be created, manipulated, and retrieved through our APIs, these properties are currently not surfaced in-app.

For example, with the APIs, you could:

1. Create a deal
  2. Create custom product and line item properties (you would only have to do this once)
  3. Create a line item or groups of line items reflecting different product selections with specific values for your custom properties
  4. Associate these line items with the deal (using definitionId 19 or 20 per this article)
  5. Pull this information into your fulfillment software

...however there would be no UI, let alone a set of dropdown menus, for steps 3 and 4. Step 4 can be accomplished in-app, but there's currently no way to set custom line item properties in the same process as manually creating a deal.

I feel your pain here — I too want you to have the ability to edit and set custom product and line item properties in the HubSpot app. Other customers have expressed this need as well, so I encourage you to upvote this feature request and comment with your use case (especially the fact that you want to be able to set values when deals are created). I’ve already upvoted the idea and will also do my part and pass your feedback along through internal channels.

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience, but these are the best alternatives I can offer at this time.

Isaac Takushi

CWarren9
Miembro

Product Properties

resolver

Do we know if this has changed? This would be very helpful.

0 Me gusta
cedaly
Colaborador

Product Properties

resolver

Is there any development work going into adding Custom properties to Products?  For example, every product has a SKU code that is part of the deal that syncs to ERP.  is there any work going into being able to add a custom property on a Product?

IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Product Properties

resolver

Hi, @cedaly.

Could you describe exactly what functionality you're seeking?

It's already possible to create and update custom product properties via API, but not in the UI.

There are plans to add UI functionality, but I currently can't offer a concrete timeline. To hasten the process, please upvote and comment on this idea specifying the need for UI support. You an also subscribe to the API Changelog to stay notified of updates.

You can also segment lists and workflows by custom product properties, per the GIFs below.

List segmentationList segmentation

Workflow segmentationWorkflow segmentation

Isaac Takushi

cedaly
Colaborador

Product Properties

resolver

Product is an essential component in segmentation and targeting for various types of companies.  For example, a retailer may want to have variants that they can apply to a product - Size, Class, Style, Color, Material, etc.  An Insurance company might have product  types based on minor changes within a policy  e.g. a business owners policy might include digital breach protection and that would be a type of policy.  Products often have SKU or Item Codes attached to them so that the CRM integration to a financial system more easily aligns revenues to products.  Product details are HIGHLY useful in targeting and segmenting in marketing automation and offering customized emails to customer like "Hey Jane, We got some new hoodies in at XYZ clothing company and we have your favorite {product_color} in stock at {closest_store}.  Stop in today and we will hold one for you."

Product details are where customization occurs in b-to-c and b-tob basd on WHAT they buy at a detailed level.  For Hubspot, the product might be Marketing Hub and the type would be Enterprise Marketing Hub or you could create Marketing Hub, Marketing Hub Professional Marketing Hub Enterprise and add variants to these (number of contacts, number of monthly emails, etc.)

Make sense?

IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Product Properties

resolver

Hi, @cedaly.

Thanks for the detailed response.

This all makes sense, but from my perspective, everything you've described can already be accomplished in HubSpot will custom product properties and line items.

Line items are specific instances of products associated with deals. They can reflect product IDs, discounts, variants (e.g. size, class, style, color, etc.) and their values can even be pulled via personalization token into automated emails distributed by deal-based workflows (see the first Please note section in this article).

If I've misunderstood what you're saying, please let me know.

Isaac Takushi

0 Me gusta
cedaly
Colaborador

Product Properties

resolver

Those are in the API not the UI.  Not sure why you would deveop a static object like Product when you can customize Activities, Deals, Contacts, Companies etc.  Thanks for the feedback - taking that answer as "under consideration"

John_Deguara
Participante

Product Properties

resolver

Thanks Issac. 

Kind Regards

John